Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP - Re-Atum Star Trek ship

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    amazing, looks really sweet.
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Top of nacelle support. I had to redo it twice because of a mistake. Now I know how to select polygons properly...

atum27.jpg

atum28.jpg

I am not sure if I am gonna have to redo the saucer or not. The way I did it seem to cause many problems with polygons...
    Nice, I like those small details.
    I did the engine parts. Now I am gonna try my hand at finer detailing.

atum30.jpg
    atum31.jpg
    atum32.jpg
    atum33.jpg
    sweet work, here.
    But the saucer is hardly workable...In fact it's a nightmare right now, all the polygon facets are everywhere. I can't put any more details into it. I am gonna try doing it another way maybe...
    What I have done is basically redo the saucer in a mesh style, so I get less breaking in the polygons. I am gonna do less polygon works on the saucer to keep it's integrity. Hopefully it will remain ok.

atum34.jpg

atum35.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Very interesting stuff.
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    More awesome with each update, the geometry on that primary hull is real eye-candy! Keep 'em coming, awesome job!
    Been a week on vacation.
    Here an update on the saucer. I have finish reworking it. More stable model.

atum36.jpg

atum37.jpg
    Those are some good details you have there.
    I like where this is going.
    By the way (I seemed to have missed that), what's the role the sweety is supposed to be fitting? The whole pylon-stuff reminds me a bit to the Akira...
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    ItA’s a good update. I donA’t know if itA’s cause the rendering view, but the catamarans looks to much "thin". ;)
    I will take a look at the proportion of the back nacelles. A caution tho...some views are render with a perspective deformation, so it can appear like a part is too small from another and such...
    Update on hull details, top section

atum38.jpg

atum39.jpg
    Nice update.
    I am gonna work 2 weeks on a row for 6 days, so...very little time to get anything done. This is what I have done this morning. The inside nacelles support.

atum40.jpg
    Pretty much finished the details. Included some mental ray renders for the kick of it. Gonna texturing now...

atum41.jpg

atum42.jpg

atum43.jpg

atum44.jpg

atum45.jpg

atum46.jpg

atum47.jpg
    Wow, that is impressive. I love thoe details.
    Once imported in cinema 4d and render multipass HD. Some places gonna have to redo...

atum48.jpg

atum49.jpg

atum50.jpg
    Damn that is impressive with the details.
    How large is it, by the way?
    Well, if I take a look at the units in Cinema 4d, it's 500 meter long X 155 meter large. I must say that I work large and apart from the proportion, I didn't put any though on the real proportion of the vessel.
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    How freakin' sweet is this? She's a beauty!
    I hope my texture is good. These are the 3 main tones of the ship, with the underlying main texture. The earth colors are a reference to the egyptian name of the ship.

atum51.jpg

atum52.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    She looks ginormous. How about some other ships (Defiant, Excelsior, etc.) for scale?
    Well...I won't be able to continue in Cinema4d to make the textures. Every import shows breakings at the smaller details, yet the model in 3ds is perfect. That really piss me off, because I know squat about making textures in 3dsmax. Looks like I am gonna have to learn before I finish this one...
    I think I understand the principle of multi-texturing now in 3dsmax. It seemed I had a lot of trouble understanding the interface part of it. I was able to do this now, pretty close to cinema 4d.

atum53.jpg

atum54.jpg
    looks good, but the variation is a tad too intense.
    I think you are are right, gonna correct it.
    Update on texture. I had to switch to mental ray to get the glowing effect. Lots of things to correct...the geometric texture gonna disappear, the hull texture isn't fitting right....

atum55.jpg

atum56.jpg

atum57.jpg

atum58.jpg

atum59.jpg