Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dthunderchild

• teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    ok, heres my rendition of the nacelles, just hope i do them justice.
    79022.jpg
    ok, sorry about this, guys. going through a divorce, and lost everything having to start from scratch and do all from zero. good thing i had a few sets of files stored on my brothers computer, as otherwise i'd have lost all of it. so, bear with me as i re-build all of my files list from here, as i'm gonna need everything i can get hold of, ok? thanks for the patience guys. it's been hell, i can tell you. being married to the b**ch from hell, i mean. ;) lol
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sorry about the divorce, hope you get back on your feet soon.
    Freak wrote: »
    Sorry about the divorce, hope you get back on your feet soon.

thanks mate im getting there, good job my brother had a copy of all my files. lol
    as i said, starting again, so here is a re- think of the mesh, as this is inspired by a comment made by my sister, i think this is more like the original idea. (which was, by the way, to make the ship look like a graceful swan in flight) this design i smore bird-like, and as a result, more what i was looking for. going back to what jeff wright and others have said to me int he past, i re- designed the model on paper and built it up once more from zero. this time, however, i have re-considered the basics i was using to get a more realistic view of the ships hull. the saucer is only a place keeper at the moment, as im undecided as to whether to keep this one or go with one i make later. i must say trhat the one here is more like the original idea, but does look too thin for a trek vessel. so much for good ideas, huh? lol any way, hope you guys like it, and thanks for the support during my tough times. also, i would like to apologise to staff on the site for my unfortunate slip in using foul language before, as i was not thinking. sorry, i will endevour never to do so again.
    79723.jpg79724.jpg79725.jpg79726.jpg
    f1.jpg 41.4K
    i1.jpg 298.2K
    s1.jpg 254.8K
    t1.jpg 87.3K
    The secondary hull really has the feel of a body of a brid, so I would say you are heading down the right path.
    Keep going.
    thats what i was hoping for thanks mate i will keep going on that one then, it is gonna take some time to get back to where i was the first time, but i am gonna mosey on with it for as long as i have to despite what people may say
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Interesting. What era is this design? Its' purpose?
    the era is around the dominion war era (probably just after if i think carefully about it), and it is designed to be a modile dry dock for other vessels while in flight. i basically designed it to be used in a book im almost finished writing the story is (so ive been told) very good, and i am going to be scripting it and making it into a short movie very soon, but i still have to learn how to do all of the other pieces of the film yet lol. as a dry dock, she wont be heavily armed but will be extensively defensive so as to be able to defend herself admirably should she need to do so.i will, when i am finished, be adding a set of details to this thread to further help people to understand the details so watch this space! and thanks for the interest my friend.
    ok continuing on from the bird shape, i have now added the saucer i am working on and new nacelles, i have to thank my brother for, as he has made the bulk of them and kindly allowed me to use them, thanks hagar! i personally think this is the best version yet, and has a good look to it, that reminds me of the ealy years of trek while still goin one step further at the same time. a lot of work still to be done, and yet it seems so little has already been accomplished. i have decided that this is the final version of the thunderchild, and that i will be goin the whole hog on this one.more soon guys
    79810.jpg79811.jpg79812.jpg
    2a.jpg 64.8K
    3a.jpg 461.2K
    1a.jpg 314.5K
    Looks good.

It a good thing your working on new nacelles as the current ones don't really suit the ship.
    Looks good.

It a good thing your working on new nacelles as the current ones don't really suit the ship.

well, they are good place keepers for the moment. lol not really sure what style to go for at the moment, jjust messing with a few ideas. is assume that the rest of the ship fits well then? i await your reply with baited breath, mate.lol thanks again. and by the way, for those interested, i am back to my old self now and am even getting my sense of humour back. lol
    From the angles that you have shown, it working. :thumb:
    From the angles that you have shown, it working. :thumb:

thanks that tells me im on the right track mate
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Do you have any black + white schematics?
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    Do you have any black + white schematics?

not at the moment, as i have no way to scan them, having lost everything when i left my ex wife, i have to start again, one dat maybe. one day.im glad you think it is that good to ask though thank you very much
  • hagar2007hagar2007171 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, for those wishing to know....

The U.S.S Thunderchild will be a mobile dry-dock/repair ship designed to repair other starships in space. She will (hopefully) be about 3 times the length of the Enterprise-E (Sovereign Class), and around 3 times the width and height of the Enterprise-D (Galaxy Class) starships.

She will be armed to the equivalent of a heavy cruiser but is more designed for emergency battlefield repairs then for combat so she is powerful enough to defend herself well, but not overly powerful.

She will hopefully be able to repair at least one (if not two) other starships in the drydock section at the top of the secondary hull between her nacelles (if we can get her design right).

She will not really be designed for exploration and will carry more engineering staff and repair staff then science personel.

She will incorporate new holographic technology systems on the bridge for docking/undocking of starships as well as for tactical purposes if needed.

The plan is to make her look aesthetically pleasing and graceful even though in actuality she will not be the most manouevrable ship in the fleet.

This by the way is just a brief mention of her details just to wet your appetites and more will be forthcoming when she is complete or when Teknomancer decides the time is right.

At the moment the mesh has suffered from our lack of experience but we are fast getting there (I'm helping by the way) and we hope she will start to take on a better design and look from now on.

First step right now is the nacelles, which are being built to scale as the whole mesh will be. (arrrggghhh! A two kilometer long ship. All those polys! She jus' canna' take it Jim! Me poor wee bairns!)

PS....

The nacelles you can see in Teknomancer's last post are actually 'borrowed' from another model I made for something else I'm working on and were adapted by Teknomancer for the Thunderchild just for now. The new nacelles will look very different and are already in progress. Hopefully we'll be able to post some pics of them when they are nearer to completion.

TTFN
    I desgined something like that years ago, but it was the size of the large space station from TSFS.
    I desgined something like that years ago, but it was the size of the large space station from TSFS.

i am a little daft here, im sure, but can you please tell me what tsfs means? im a bit non-plussed. sorry for being stupid lol
  • hagar2007hagar2007171 Posts: 0Member
    Star Trek: The Search For Spock
    hagar2007 wrote: »
    Star Trek: The Search For Spock

thank you buddy, i was wondering lol a bit of a blonde moment lol
    ok, the saucer was a bit odd looking so heres a more conventional version. also, the box on the back is for the repair bay, still a work in progress, so bear with me please as i have a looooooonnnnngggg way to go on this one before it is finally ready for release. god it is a tough task sometimes! phew! lol
    80034.jpg80035.jpg80036.jpg80037.jpg80038.jpg
    1b.jpg 461.5K
    2b.jpg 293.9K
    3b.jpg 277.7K
    4b.jpg 159.8K
    5b.jpg 351.3K
    i am a little daft here, im sure, but can you please tell me what tsfs means? im a bit non-plussed. sorry for being stupid lol

Yeah your brothers right.

It easier to right in sort hand for film names. you'll most people does it for Trek and Star War's movies.
    ok, thanks, i am a little off on the film names sometimes, lol. i dont always keep up with them as im so busy getting a place to live right now. (which has taken a massive leap forward today, as i will be moving into my new place in two weeks time YAY!) lol thanks for the update guys, im sure you all think im mad lol (you're right of course!)
    Thats great news.
    thanks. needed that.
    sorry its been a while guys, been real busy trying to get into the flat i need to live. unemployment people being awkward, and not helping one bit as usual.lol might be back soon, might not. cant say for sure.however, the dish is new. working on nacelles. (they're proving more difficult than i thought!) lol wish i could do more, but i dont know what im gonna be able to do from here on. see you guys soon. ok? tata for now. thanks for all the suggestions, they've helped loads. dave.
    80567.jpg80568.jpg80569.jpg
    The saucer looks good.
    Good luck with the move.
    The saucer looks good.
    Good luck with the move.

thanks, mate. for both comments. lol
    no updates at the moment, as am now having problems with my pc. sorry guys, will get re-organised as soon as possible. be patient with me. thanks.