Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dthunderchild

• teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    thanks, bro. if you are online for a while, go back on fb, and well chat there,ok?

for the curious, hagar is my brother. thanks to him, i got a good head start in understanding max. he's a real brick, always able to help.
    supplemental....

heres an idea i had for a force field effect on the front shuttle bays. i think it works, but its subtle enough to be almost invisible.

really simpl to do, and effective, ithink.
    78550.jpg78396.jpg
    trying something new with the tower, what do you think? not sure myself, guys. i think its a bit wierd.
    78552.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Frocefild looks good.
    i thought so, too. and simple to create as well. must do a tutorial for it some time! lol thanks for the input, mate
    just a trial to see if i could animate a camera, gotta learn sometime, huh?cam test1.avi
    for some reason its going backwards, and cant get it to go forwards, lol.
  • hagar2007hagar2007171 Posts: 0Member
    for the curious, hagar is my brother. thanks to him, i got a good head start in understanding max. he's a real brick, always able to help.

You did say BRICK didn't you? Hmmm. So now you all know. I'm a bit square, stony and good at holding up walls. lol.

With the video, did you try reversing the things you did to get the video animation? Like the camera, or key sequences or anything? It looks interesting. I do like the forcefield effect and i think the change of texture for the conning tower looks ok.
    :Dthanks bro. have sorted the reverse cam now, and am working on a sequence of camera moves to get a feel for the animation. if it looks good, ill turn it into a title sequence for the movie. i must say im not VERY happy with the textures on the tower, but am really pleased with the forcefield effect. will have to find a way to animate that when something goes through it.

with the video, i found i had forgotten to set the camera position before starting to animate it.

and thanks for holding my walls up last weekend, by the way, bro. lol.:D;):cool:
    this is a temporary bridge just to give an idea of how it would look in situ the tng seats and figure used are borrowed, and will not stay. i have to say that a lot of the files on my computer are downloaded and forgotten about for ages, i rescued these after a system crash about six months ago, and cannot find any readmes for them. whoever made them, let me know if you can. if you recognise them, thanks for your work. please feel free to credit yourself, happy to oblige. the small items on the back are from the greeble packs by tbd.
    78629.jpg
    Can't really make out whats in the bridge.
    If you temp remove the window, we could have a better look.
    :D ooops, lol, my goof. wasnt thinking when i did that :D. before i do, im trying a new tack with the hull that my brother suggested, i dont know if it will work, but even if it doesnt, i will show you guys with a render when i can. please bear with me on this, its taking a bit of working out.:confused:
    :D ooops, lol, my goof. wasnt thinking when i did that :D. before i do, im trying a new tack with the hull that my brother suggested, i dont know if it will work, but even if it doesnt, i will show you guys with a render when i can. please bear with me on this, its taking a bit of working out.:confused:

well, this is a test render of the hull replacement. let me know if you like it, and ill keep working on it. the dish has been re-done. also, thats the 1701 e in the back for scale.
    78641.jpg78642.jpg
    ok, here are the two hulls together, which one should i work on, the older one or the newer one?
    78645.jpg
    here's the bridge from above. like i said, its only really a place keeper. if the format is ok, ill work more on it.
    78646.jpg
    I've been having some serious thinks about this. Got some ideas that I will work on for you. Will let you know when they are ready for you to consider.
    ok bro. thanks. having a lot of thoughts myself. lots to discuss, no money to grab you over here, lol. see you soon, ok?
    I like the lower ship hull.

The Bridge also has a good lay out though you got a lot of wasted space around the sized.
    Freak wrote: »
    I like the lower ship hull.

The Bridge also has a good lay out though you got a lot of wasted space around the sized.

i guess you mean the newer hull, then? and as for the bridge, there is a lot of stuff to do yet, but i guess there is too much space there. thanks.
    I've neen looking into this seriously. Have come up with some interesting new info regarding making star trek ships. Have got details of several of the bridge layouts as well. Have you checked out the site that does star trek blueprints? Cant remember the link right now. Will try to find it for you.
    dont know if it is the same one, but have found one that does blueprints, and downloaded several myself. worked on loads, and seriously got quite a few ideas, just taking time to set them up. will post later with a render of new hull design with more details added.
    A few things I have noticed while investigating the model you let me have. Firstly, the scale seems to be off for the internal bridge. The captain model you put in is actually only 4ft tall! Is this a ship full of dwarves? I have a mesh of a starfleet officer I borrowed from another mesh and scaled it to the correct size (6ft = 1.829 meters tall) And this tells me we need to sort quite a few details out. Also have been doing some homework on Star Trek model building and have quite a lot to discuss with you as soon as we can.

I think we can make this into a believable and practical design with a few modifications and some fresh thinking. We just need to get the details correct regarding her size, proportions and by considering the technical and practical aspects of the task you have stated she was originally designed for.

I remember you said the secondary hull should resemble the 'body of a swan' and I think we can do a lot with that idea. The primary hull (saucer) with the indent at the front reminds me of the head of a manta ray and we could develop it along those lines if you like while also including the design aspects of the current starfleet technology of the time period you are setting this in.

When you get a chance, I'd like to get together with you and 'compare notes' as it were. I think you are onto a winner but I think we need to think this through more clearly before going too far. I'm thinking the old 'two heads are better then one' applies here and between us we could really get this to work.

So. as the saying goes, 'permission to come aboard?'.
    hagar2007 wrote: »
    A few things I have noticed while investigating the model you let me have. Firstly, the scale seems to be off for the internal bridge. The captain model you put in is actually only 4ft tall! Is this a ship full of dwarves? I have a mesh of a starfleet officer I borrowed from another mesh and scaled it to the correct size (6ft = 1.829 meters tall) And this tells me we need to sort quite a few details out. Also have been doing some homework on Star Trek model building and have quite a lot to discuss with you as soon as we can.

I think we can make this into a believable and practical design with a few modifications and some fresh thinking. We just need to get the details correct regarding her size, proportions and by considering the technical and practical aspects of the task you have stated she was originally designed for.

I remember you said the secondary hull should resemble the 'body of a swan' and I think we can do a lot with that idea. The primary hull (saucer) with the indent at the front reminds me of the head of a manta ray and we could develop it along those lines if you like while also including the design aspects of the current starfleet technology of the time period you are setting this in.

When you get a chance, I'd like to get together with you and 'compare notes' as it were. I think you are onto a winner but I think we need to think this through more clearly before going too far. I'm thinking the old 'two heads are better then one' applies here and between us we could really get this to work.

So. as the saying goes, 'permission to come aboard?'.

actually the captain model was meant to give me an idea of the fact the there was actually meant to be a crew on this ship. i did squash it down abit to fit the dome..... not such a good idea now icome ot hink of it. like the idea of a manta ray dish, and have been messing with the mesh abit myself. got the rudiments of a docking mechanism in there, but am not sure quite how im gonna do that yet. and it would be my honour! (to quote kirk!lol) hopefully i will be able to get you on saturday, about ten am, let me know on here if thats ok.
    here r the docking clamps. just trying them out for size. i know they look nothing like the real thing, but its just a place keeper!
    78864.jpg
    right. things werent going well with the older version, so re attempted things to more be in alignment with what i had originally intended. starting with the saucer and working through the rest of the ship, me and my brother are working together on this project for the forseeable future. (we will be doing this on two separate models, and incorporating the ideas we both like on each into one mesh for the complete model) as a result, this model is to be completely re-designed, and the old one re-used for another project later. please bear with us as things go from bad to worse! :D
    captain's log: supplemental.
    as the original tower was a trade mark to the original design, i have decided to incorporate it into the new saucer design in keeping with the fact that i just damn well liked it! (p.s.: please see the first post for more of this saucer!)
    78897.jpg
    Looks good, but those windows looks a but sharp. You need to round them off a bit.
    Looks good, but those windows looks a but sharp. You need to round them off a bit.

i will, just experimenting at the moment, mate. wait till you see the new secondary hull! even i am impressed! lol. always wanted the ship to have a graceful curve, just didnt know how to do it!, well, now i know!
    78911.jpg78912.jpg
    so far, so good. the new hull is taking shape. much happier with this, and will be doing more with it i hope, just waiting to see what my brother makes of this, so here's the latest.....
    78992.jpg78993.jpg78994.jpg78995.jpg78996.jpg
    and here's the next one, pity cant add six shots per msg, lol.
    78997.jpg
    top.jpg 46.7K
    You got an intresting shape going on there. look forward to seeing more.
    You got an intresting shape going on there. look forward to seeing more.

thanks, it is getting closer to my original design, except for the tower. the orginal had the tower of the first version, but i have since come to realise that that was not practical, as the tower was too vulnerable. this is why i have shortened it. the nacelles are only temporary, as my brother is working on the ones i wanted, and i hope he can do a better job than i, as i seem to be having trouble with the curves on the odd occasion. i really am working hard on this version, and will use the other one as the basis for a further study in the ways NOT to do something. lol. anyway, thanks for the input, will update more when i can, just trying to seal some minor holes in the mesh, so it works better. lol. see you later guys. tata.