<!––NOFDP (no IndexPhotos) 2856 ––>
As i mentioned in another thread. I was going to do some of characters from the new Terminator film. I started with this low poly version of the bike in the trailer..
Maybe I'll animate him, if i find the time.
As i can find more material on the other new bad guys I might make a couple more..
Post edited by mikeb on
<!––NOFDP 2817 ––>
Ever thought of doing one of those hunter/killers? the flying ones?
Materials look great, too. I see only a few give-aways that this is actually a low poly model. :cool:
As for references i found some in a magazine that helped.
This is still very low poly, i usually start out like this and see if i need to do more work..
With this model i definitely do, and will do. But first i've got loads of work on so i 'm afraid you'll have to wait..
Here is another shot till i can get back to this..
I'll render hi-res pictures when i have the detail to back it up..
As an example of how low poly this model is, here is a wireframe..
I got some ref of the Mototerminator, at home, Send me a PM with you e-mail address and I'll send over all the Termintor ref's I got for this film.
I even got some of the water snake Terminator.
ThatAâs some amazingly efficient work.
I did have a close up of the head for the Hydra Terminator, but I canAât find it, IAâll have another look for it.
Main changes here are a cleanup of the mesh, so it works better with specular light and reflections.
I've started to build the arena from Rollerball (crossed with Speedball) and i need my bike rigging to work there too..
Sorry I could not find the pic of the Hydra Terminator, I must have deleted and I can't find the site that I got the pic's form.
Because of a long running Terminator thread i did a while ago, i was asked to do a local advert for a pre-screening of the new film. So i re-worked my T-800 head into a T-600 skull. Here is a wip of the skull..
And this is what the final advert looked like..
At first this head could only be seen from the front, then i started to move the camera round the side and had to mash projected textures together.
I'm happy with how it turned out though considering i didn't have very long to put this together..
So i got out what i had from before and polished it up with a little of what i've learned over 2009.
I forgot how close I'd come to having him rigged. I think he's gonna get active in early 2010..
Now he needs a minigun..
I've been fed up with everything i do looking to clinical. I saw an article in 3dworld a few months back about making something look like it was painted, using displacement maps. It gave me an idea. This is one of my first tests.
I'm almost done with rigging and will have him moving very soon.
He is pretty much rigged on one side now (i always do 1 side first with complicated rigs incase something doesn't work out, this being a perfect example).
Here we go. I doesn't loop properly yet but he's in motion anyway..
Now for the other arm and leg.
So now all his rigging is ready, i can make him walk where i want and pretty much do what i want..
Next up is armament, and i've already started..
Now i'm finishing off my ship sim, i thought it about time i came back here and did the hard work once more. Maybe even bringing some new touches.. Watch this space..