Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D2 Wheeled Terminator

mikebmikeb172 Posts: 66Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
As i mentioned in another thread. I was going to do some of characters from the new Terminator film. I started with this low poly version of the bike in the trailer..

Maybe I'll animate him, if i find the time.

As i can find more material on the other new bad guys I might make a couple more..
67644.jpg
Post edited by mikeb on
Tagged:

• Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Ooooh very nice, this would look great in some sort of scene doing a wheelie after some resistance members ;)

Ever thought of doing one of those hunter/killers? the flying ones?
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Wow. Haven't seen these yet...It looks totally badass, mikeb!

Materials look great, too. I see only a few give-aways that this is actually a low poly model. :cool:
  • Looks very good, did you only use the references from the trailer or are there other refs out there?
  • mikebmikeb172 Posts: 66Member
    I did HK's a while back, do you mean the T1 or the T3 versions though?
    As for references i found some in a magazine that helped.

This is still very low poly, i usually start out like this and see if i need to do more work..

With this model i definitely do, and will do. But first i've got loads of work on so i 'm afraid you'll have to wait..

Here is another shot till i can get back to this..

terminator_bike2.jpg

I'll render hi-res pictures when i have the detail to back it up..
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    I meant the T1 versions the big mofos! The bikes looking fantastic! Any chance of a HK pic?
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    looks cool - havenA’t seen the trailer yet, but that bike is a neat idea...
    I have an old terminator thread- http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/12287-naked-schwarzenegger.html

As an example of how low poly this model is, here is a wireframe..

terminator_bike3.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    mikeb This looks great.
    Firelode wrote: »
    Looks very good, did you only use the references from the trailer or are there other refs out there?

I got some ref of the Mototerminator, at home, Send me a PM with you e-mail address and I'll send over all the Termintor ref's I got for this film.
    I even got some of the water snake Terminator.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Impressive!
    ThatA’s some amazingly efficient work.
  • black campbellblack campbell0 Posts: 0Member
    Probably the thing I was most excited by in the trailer. Great concept and I like the almost Giger-esque biomechanical look of the thing.
    Here are the Ref I got for the Moto Terminator & the Hydra Terminator
    I did have a close up of the head for the Hydra Terminator, but I canA’t find it, IA’ll have another look for it.

042408mototerminator_views002VM_SY.jpg

050508mototerminator_frontleanstudy.jpg

HYDROBOT_ATTACKCOILMODE_003RM_SY.jpg
    Sorry it's been a while coming, i went on to work on the animation. Still not satisfied but I'll have more on the bike simulation / rigging soon..

Main changes here are a cleanup of the mesh, so it works better with specular light and reflections.

terminator_bike4.jpg

I've started to build the arena from Rollerball (crossed with Speedball) and i need my bike rigging to work there too..
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks pretty sweet to me :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    that looks grand. what program do you use.
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice and deadly:D
    That is looking pritty sweet.

Sorry I could not find the pic of the Hydra Terminator, I must have deleted and I can't find the site that I got the pic's form.
    I mainly use Cinema 4D..

Because of a long running Terminator thread i did a while ago, i was asked to do a local advert for a pre-screening of the new film. So i re-worked my T-800 head into a T-600 skull. Here is a wip of the skull..

t600a.jpg

And this is what the final advert looked like..

http://doghouseanimations.com/DHa_info/Media/T4%20advert%20d.wmv
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    i bought the Aï¿¡30 titan books concept art book in June and its got a wealth of artwork i will send to you if you wish? The bike looks awesome as does the skull did you aquire the detail through artwork textures or your own maps?
    Thanks for the offer mate, i did have quite a couple of photos to work from. Maybe some of those are out of the book you said. Then i made up my own diffuse map.

At first this head could only be seen from the front, then i started to move the camera round the side and had to mash projected textures together.

I'm happy with how it turned out though considering i didn't have very long to put this together..
  • ::Darkstone::::Darkstone::0 Posts: 0Member
    Too damn cool!
    I've been busy with other things recently but i have been asked to do a small terminator project.

So i got out what i had from before and polished it up with a little of what i've learned over 2009.

t-600.jpg

I forgot how close I'd come to having him rigged. I think he's gonna get active in early 2010..

Now he needs a minigun..
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    amazing!!!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Great stuff ! :thumb: How much here is modelled and what parts are bump (maybe normal, displacement) maps ?
    that is one sweet looking T!
    I've been going over my mesh controlling the increase of the mesh density by the displacement. I also re-worked the back and chest increasing the details to the skull. I'll do a poly count when I'm finished.

I've been fed up with everything i do looking to clinical. I saw an article in 3dworld a few months back about making something look like it was painted, using displacement maps. It gave me an idea. This is one of my first tests.

t-600b.jpg

I'm almost done with rigging and will have him moving very soon.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very nice mate, would love to see a render which isnt so dark so we can see properly all that lovely detail :)
    I've had some trouble with rigging him. Too many phases in his motions, bits having to catch up to other bits etc.

He is pretty much rigged on one side now (i always do 1 side first with complicated rigs incase something doesn't work out, this being a perfect example).

Here we go. I doesn't loop properly yet but he's in motion anyway..

http://[email protected]/t800/t600%20rigged%20walk%206c.mov

Now for the other arm and leg.
  • I like it a lot. You should do a high-rez pic with a white background so we can see the details in the polys and maps. Is this the guy that was in Term. Salvation?? This looks like the body builder Terminator. Don't recognize it.
    So here is the symmetry work. I have removed a couple of things as he's become a little muddled. I've used many references to build him and some have been a little contradicting, certain pipes and even body structures are taken from the T600, T700 and the T800. I like where it is but i am aware it's not 100% Skynet issue..

So now all his rigging is ready, i can make him walk where i want and pretty much do what i want..

http://www.doghouseanimations.com/t800/t600%20rigged%20walk%207b.mov

Next up is armament, and i've already started..
    So this thread has been sleeping for a little while. About 9 months ago i backed all my work up while going from my old computer to my new one, somewhere in that process i lost the last 5 days of this project! Basically all the rigging and complicated stuff. Luckily i still had my mesh, but i wasn't happy.

Now i'm finishing off my ship sim, i thought it about time i came back here and did the hard work once more. Maybe even bringing some new touches.. Watch this space..