Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMSD for big shuttles

commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
in my opinion, vessels of the size of a shuttle doesn't suit very much for lcars msd graphics - with only one deck.
i prefer 3d-style cutaways for this kind of spacecrafts.

first time i saw the screencap of the yellowstone class runabout at st:voyager, i thought, this would be a nice possiblity to do some mds-style graphics for shuttle-size spacecrafts. so there the idea was born.

I like to share with you a set of big shuttle msd-graphics: starting with a lcars graphic similar to the original screencap with the yellowstone class.

enjoy.
60069.png
Post edited by commandersozo on
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    and here follows the Peregrine Class Fighter. I used a colorscheme derivated from the nemesis style.

enjoy.
    60070.png
    the danube class runabouts are well know from st: deep space nine. threfore i used the colorscheme ds9 for this kind of lcars graphic.

enjoy.
    60071.png
    and here follows the scoutship seen at st:insurrection. the desigantion talon class isn't canon, but memroy alpha state, that this is the mos possible designation. so i felt free to use it also.

enjoy.

more to come soon...:)
    60072.png
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Uh, two things: AFAIK, the "Talon" is a Venture-scout and isn't the Yellowstone the one Danube variant with the fancy torpedo-pod?
    ^
    statement from memory alpha:
    "Star Trek: Armada and its sequel give this vessel the classification of "Venture-class", but this has not been canonically identified as such. Furthermore, it could possibly conflict with there being a USS Venture around the same time, though this vessel was Galaxy-class in design.
    This vessel is also listed in role-playing games, such as those from Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, as a Talon-class ship. The 24 meter long intermediate step between shuttle and runabout, carrying a crew of up to four, was armed with four type 5 phasers and three micro-torpedo launchers. It is this ship, with substantial changes, that was the baseline model for the Valkyrie-class fighters in the Activision Playstation game Star Trek: Invasion.
    While neither name is canon, the latter, Talon, does not conflict with a canon ship as Venture does."
    the yellowstone class was an advanced danube class vessel in an alternate timeline at voyager. the msd was showed in the show, episode non sequitur. that's where myscreencaps came from.
    hope this make sense.
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX10 Posts: 0Member
    I like the style of design..great artwork!!!!!
    Gran trabajo amigo !!!
  • DamienNZDamienNZ0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice.
    and here follows the type 11 shuttle msd. i used the colorscheme from the uss grandeur, because it's a onboard shuttletype there.

enjoy.
    60191.png
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    If I'm not mistaken, the Yellowstone was an experimental runabout that used tetryon plasma nacelles
    thanx for all kind comments, guys.
    yep, the yellowstone class runabout whas exactly, what you mentioned, wilson359. and it was even an alternate timeline, where the story with this ship happend. but the showed msd was great - even the pooltable was a superb piece!
    this influenced my imagination and so i use the basic graphic for all other shuttle stuff.
    and here is the argo class shuttle. you remember: the shuttle with the nostalgic wheeled ground vehicle picard would like to drive in nemesis....(maybe inspirational for jj. abrams -lol!)
    the argo class shuttle looks like a good replacement for the type 9a transport shuttle onboard of starfleet ships. it has a good cargo capacity and can fulfill multiple operations roles. i don't think, it's heavy armed.

hope, you'll enjoy it.
    60395.png
    Oh yeah, the Argo. At first I didn't liked it, mostly because I thought that yet another shuttle/runabout design is quite an overkill, but as the speeder darted out, with a Picard smiling from one ear to the other, I was laughting so much that I started to love that sweetie.
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on the Smallcraft MSD's.

The ARGO could be made into a Starfleet Marine Variant. A Heavily armed Assault Shuttle craft that can carry Marine troops.
    yep. that could be a possible variant.
    and here follows the msd of the delta flyer in voyager colorscheme. i also included the borg transwarp coil and hope, you'll enjoy it.
    60616.png
    Nice work on the Delta Flyer MSD.
    another big shuttle: the captains yacht from the uss enterprise 1701E. i used a nemesis colorschme for this grapic. enjoy
    60817.png
    Nice work on the 1701-E Captains Yacht MSD.

You should see if you can do a MSD of Galens Gryphon Class Runabout and the Stormcrow Variant. An maybe do the Old Version of the Orcus Class Fighter, just some ideas.
    ^
    thanx for this ideas, blackbird17. i' was thinking about the orcus class, but the gryphom and stormcrow sound interesting too. will see, what i can do. lke to finsih the set with the canon big shuttles first....
    Sounds like a Plan Commander. Keep up the good work !
  • FriedebarthFriedebarth0 Posts: 0Member
    All very nice.

But unless you want the Peregrine to have a structural integrity collapse, I would have its wings within the subspace field ;)
    and here is the first of non-canon big shuttlecrafts - the orcus fighter, formerly gryphon fighter from kaden. to be honest, it's one of my favourites in starfleet fighterdesigns. in default of an ortho view of the orcus i used the gryphon schematics - so there will be some small differences...
    i hope, you'll enjoy this as well!
    61151.png
    @ friedebarth
    yep. hat's why i'm no a friend of the peregrine-design. it would need a huge subspace field to have the whole vessel structure within - and that would made the graphic very, very tiny. so i decided to show it as i did. but thanx for this comment.
    Orcus Class one of my favorite ships too. Excellent work on the MSD of this bird.
    Yeah, that one's also one of my favs.
    :thumb:
    and here follows the MSD of the intrepid starships captains yacht, the aeroshuttle. this auxiliary shuttle was never seen in action at the show, but it looks like an interesting runabout-like shuttledesign.
    i know, there will be some serious considerations concerning the structural integrity at the wingtips because of the shape of the subspace field geometry - ;) anyway, i hope, you'll enjoy it!
    61184.png
    Nice work on Janeway's Captains Yacht.
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    It was a pitty it was never used or seen
    medjai did a wonderful runabout shuttlecraft with his volga-class design. i like it much. so i did this graphic and used the same colorscheme as used with the MSD of the USS Diligent (modeled from medjai also). i hope, you'll enjoy.
    61993.png