Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeverus V2 "Nemesis"

tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Well i wanted to make a more smoother and more heavily armed ship then the severus, so here it is
81896.png
Post edited by tadz on
Tagged:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    interesting sir!

i think there should be a potruding bit at the front (hard to explain.. uhm the 2 side bits at the front that poke out, join them together at the front going across? with the usual pilons coming out the front or whatever too...)

just think it would look more connected to the ship that way than they do presently.
  • caliburncaliburn191 Posts: 0Member
    If your keeping the bow section as is, it might look good to include some big fixed gun placements, but it looks good none the less
  • AlbertvsAlbertvs0 Posts: 0Member
    GG Tadz ;)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    a Ta'uri (stargate) ship?
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great start to this ship:thumb:
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    a Ta'uri (stargate) ship?
    Yes tau'ri, thanks for everyone's thoughts, i will get onto it strait away.
    Carach wrote: »
    interesting sir!

i think there should be a potruding bit at the front (hard to explain.. uhm the 2 side bits at the front that poke out, join them together at the front going across? with the usual pilons coming out the front or whatever too...)

just think it would look more connected to the ship that way than they do presently.
    Like you said hard to explain lol, ive tried 2 things in the attatchments below, is one of them what you were thinking?
    59439.jpg59440.jpg
  • Alex McphersonAlex Mcpherson0 Posts: 0Member
    i think he meant a section that runs between them at the front so the very front edge runs all the way across.

|_| you've just gone for: || or |
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Looks like a great start on V2 Tadz.
    i think he meant a section that runs between them at the front so the very front edge runs all the way across.

|_| you've just gone for: || or |
    Ok, lost about that :confused: lol
  • scorpiusscorpius332 Posts: 0Member
    Basically tadz you've got one version where you have sections on either side extruded (the left hand pic in your earlier post), and one version where a section in the middle is extruded (the right hand pic). I think what they're getting at is one where neither is extruded, or at least where not the whole head is extruded anyway. Not sure if that makes it any clearer or worse lol.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    How large is your ship?

I'm asking because it does not appears to be any larger then what is currently seen on the show!
    about 25% bigger then the Daedalus
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    Tadz, he means a cross section that connects the two panels at the front, not making the space between them less to become part of the fuselage, or replacing it with a single panel.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Well also the top deck is just FLAT and could use some attention even if that's the way you want it!:cool:
    Ok bad news.. i lost maybe a hour or 2 of work for some strange reason :( but good news i have recovered the Most of it plus made some improvements all C&C welsome
    60041.jpg
    Sorry for the Multie post but that will be the last update, i have lost the Nemesis ( the file is there, but does not work at all ) so am going to stop working on it, maybe one day ill rebuild it :D Although I did notice one thing different to the other files. The Nemesis File does not have custom ( i have 3 different files Properties open in this pic, The middle one is the Nemese and the other two are greebles. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.
    SFM.jpg
  • DGWilliamsDGWilliams0 Posts: 0Member
    Oy, man. A. Always, always, always save incrementally. B. Check your autobak folder.
    DGWilliams wrote: »
    Oy, man. A. Always, always, always save incrementally. B. Check your autobak folder.

ok 1 Never heard of it, how do i do it?, and 2 its there
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Go to Customize->Preferences and in the File tab check the option "Increment on Save", creating a new save each time you save and not overwriting old ones (Nemesis, Nemesis1..).

The autobak folder holds by default 3 auto backups of the last thing you worked on, it creates these in 5 minute intervals. You can also modify those settings in the File tab, for example setting the total number of backups to 12 will keep backups of the last hour.

One thing you might also want to do is setting the "Undo Levels" in the General tab to 500, nothing more frustrating than being unable to undo something without losing a lot of other work, too..

If you have tried merging the corrupt file already (works if only a certain object is messed up) try loading each of those 3 backup files and see if they can help you.

good luck!
    thank you for the info very helpful!
    yea basically i meant what the other guys said :)
    Once more thank you to everyone that helped me get my model back. Now i have started paneling and Greebling, I am using many different styles and i have also done my paneling a lot different to anything i have before.. all C&c welcome
    61711.jpg61712.jpg
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    SHe's looking great mate, keep up the great work
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    so far so good, but you may want to layer your details a bit more to add some more visual interest. Keep going Tadz.
    Thanks, The latest
    HQ.jpg
    I took my time with this, but i actually want to finish it again lol. so i will begin working on it and will get it finished ( i hope lol ) anyways latest update on it.

FINANLLYANUPDATE.jpg

Hope everyone likes the updates, all C&c welcome, dont be affraid to point out bad points for me to work on.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    is the bridge the structure between the two blocks at the rear?
    Love the new design, man she a big one.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Looking mean. I still love that tank-like bow section.
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    is the bridge the structure between the two blocks at the rear?
    Yes, small update.
    1810092.jpg