Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeverus V2 "Nemesis"

2»

• RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Glad to see your still working on this one tadz.

She is really looking great.
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    RJB wrote: »
    Glad to see your still working on this one tadz.

She is really looking great.

Always good to hear that coming from you. Updates.
    1910092.jpg
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    nice:)
    Finally back into it, first image is the main engine setup, it is not finished yet.
    nemesis25.jpg
    The next ones are concepts, please tell me which one u think looks better because i am having a lot of trouble on this one :thumb:
    Nemesis24.jpg
    Nemesis21.jpg
    Concept.jpg
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Looks amazing! And IMHO choose between second and third options...
    Nemesis28.jpg
    Nemesis27.jpg
    Ive gone with that, Larger guns gives it a more tank look, Also started repaneling.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    I think I deciphired the confusion on the front of your ship. From a side view, move the octogonal thingys to the left, until its flush with the outline of the ships neck.
    Are the 2 rectangular things, with the rails, torp launchers. They are on the top, above the propulsion area. That would be a great spot to set lighting from their mechanisms
    The front of ship like that from the first drawing, altho i will be making one made for carrier purposes, So ill give it a go like that, and the rear of the ship will be different once i get around to it, started on the new paneling less "Uniform" and more depth added.
    Nemesis30.jpg
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Chunkalicious! They're both great concept designs, I'd keep 'em both, as different classes of vessel.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    The less uniform paneling is a good move. If it's the scale of the Daedelus from SG1, some judicious use of bump mapping would help lower its polygon count, for areas where there would be welds, not impressive hull armor. For the armor plates, go hog wild. For a carrier, you have the battle almost finished. just extrude the area at the front of the nacelles/fighter bay some, then add a support for them along the neck.
    extrude an area along each side of the bays, for fighter storage.
    Fre'dni wrote: »
    The less uniform paneling is a good move. If it's the scale of the Daedelus from SG1, some judicious use of bump mapping would help lower its polygon count, for areas where there would be welds, not impressive hull armor. For the armor plates, go hog wild. For a carrier, you have the battle almost finished. just extrude the area at the front of the nacelles/fighter bay some, then add a support for them along the neck.
    extrude an area along each side of the bays, for fighter storage.
    The areas are for Cargo, Puddle Jumpers, Repair craft, this is the non Carrier version, it is a dedicated killer :D lol anyways small updates with size comparison's
    DaedalusNemesis.jpg
    DaedalusNemesis-1.jpg
    DaedalusNemesis2.jpg
    Updates, top side almost done started on the bottom
    Underside.jpg
    Nemesis35.jpg
    new Guns :D nemesis38.jpg
    th_nemesis41.jpg
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Whoa! like the newer, cleaner guns, (rail guns?). Definitely smooths out the overall silhouette, giving her cleaner lines. I like the size comp to the Daedalus too. :) So glad they improved on the Prometheus. :D
  • AlphapackAlphapack0 Posts: 0Member
    that is a brilliant ship I love the shape
    Started the underside.
    nemesis44.jpg
    nemesis43.jpg
    Nemesis42.jpg
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    She looks quite different from the bottom. (Not that that's a bad thing ;))
    Nemesis48.jpg
    nemesis47.jpg
    Nemesis46.jpg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    You have captured the SG design ethic brilliantly.
    nemesis51.jpg
    Nemesis50.jpg
    nemesis49.jpg
    Almost finished.. a few tweaks etc, and walla! will post updates when im finished.
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work. Hey, how do you get your photobucket thumbs to open without the thumbnail opening, too? How do you get them to display that size on your posts? Cant wait to see more!
    Update.. Its pretty much finished. There will be small mods but the main thing to be finished is the texturing. i only have a quick and nasty texture/lighting on it.
    86210.jpg86211.jpg