Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLight Scout Craft

191011121315»

• SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    That is a seriously cool ship!
  • NovA29rNovA29r0 Posts: 0Member
    bulldog_05.jpg
    Game model of 2ND class gunship type"BULLDOG" in several paintings.
    109614.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool. :)
    Great image. I like the setup, the lighting and the background. :)
  • rojrenrojren2319 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,975Member
    I think red.
    Both are really slick. Though, I too lean towards the red. :)
    Looks good. Makes me want to know what happens next.
    Great job on the animation. :thumb:
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, very atmospheric.

:thumb:
    looks like this forum is dead.. may be some one have alternative place?
    If not dead, it's certainly on life support. Most of the "Old Guard" have made themselves scarce, and the Admins seem kinda scarce as well.

Man, this place used to be really... something... Vibrant, I guess. Busy and surprising. Big talents with even bigger egos carrying on the most amazing flame wars. People getting angry and 'quitting' the site, then returning the next week because they couldn't keep something they'd made to themselves.... It was a great place to hang out.
    So maybe some one knows a similar place but alive?
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    rojren wrote: »
    If not dead, it's certainly on life support. Most of the "Old Guard" have made themselves scarce, and the Admins seem kinda scarce as well.

Man, this place used to be really... something... Vibrant, I guess. Busy and surprising. Big talents with even bigger egos carrying on the most amazing flame wars. People getting angry and 'quitting' the site, then returning the next week because they couldn't keep something they'd made to themselves.... It was a great place to hang out.

LOL...Yeah...all true...I had a few flames myself...I think it all started to go south when the staff was at war with each other over the whole Alain conundrum. A few left then, then after that a slow trickle of artists left because they got good full-time jobs and probably didn't want to do for a hobby what they did 8 hours a day in a studio. Then the Tubes & Saucers Club took over and that was probably the last nail in the coffin. Another passed away, literally (though recently)...and the rest? Dino's like me and you that have nothing better to do with our down time still struggle to find compliment in our work...LOL, yours gets better all the time Roj!

Honestly SFM never was a place to get a job or a place for professional modelers. It was always an advanced amateur forum where I think we saw a lot of Art school students posting up work they did on their own..back in the day there just were not that many modelers out there either, now with all the open source stuff the market is saturated. And the world of sci-fi art forums is too.

NovA, I've always been a huge fan of your work..I think you'd get way more attention at Deviant Art.
    i have http://nova29r.deviantart.com/ and https://www.artstation.com/artist/nova29r accounts. but i like forum format.
    ...Dino's like me and you that have nothing better to do with our down time still struggle to find compliment in our work...

Yeah, lots of downtime lately. Compliments are fine, but I'd almost rather have criticism and suggestions, instead. I usually end up with a better result that way.

I've looked around some NovA29r, and I can't find any place that's of any interest to me. The few places I looked seem more like a warehouse for images than a community.
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    Granted I think, its also the large uptick in social media use like twitter, IG, facebook (and other platforms) which have seen the eventual decline of forums as a whole.

There are now a lot of Facebook groups that cater to art (digital or traditional) and are popular. I know some people feel a certain way about social media, but considering....

If youre on there, might as well use them productively and as platforms for your work, instead of blocking all the memes from friends.

PS - I do enjoy your work Nova. Hell I tihink Im following you on Sketchfab and look zooming in and out on your models.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, have been following your stuff with interest too NovA, think I just missed your latest update somehow.
  • sawsaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh I just found this forum, I hope it isn't dead! I wish there were more places for serious amateurs. A lot of online places for CG are focused on people who are trying to "break in" to the industry with reels, etc. And the quality on deviantart tends to be...not so great. I love the stuff on here that is very well done but not just portfolio work.