Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the U.E.G.

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Thanks.

Well just finshed playing Killzone 3 and reminded me how much I love first person shooters. Unfortunately my computer is acting up now because of the unusually warm weather and it keeps shutting down if I try to render a picture of the ship. Probably just needs a good cleaning again. But I was able to get a few renders of progress on the main guns.
    1580.jpg
    1581.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looks like a good start.
    UPDATE...
    Looks like I may have actually fixed the problem I was haveing with my computer. It’s not the best render but atleast it rendered.
    1582.jpg
    Here’s what the entire ship looks like so far. I turned off all the lights except for the skylight just to see if it would render.
    1583.jpg
    That is looking really sweet X.
    UPDATE...
    I’ve been haveing alot of trouble getting online this month. Either the pages don’t load or my broadband drags slower than dial up. I decided to just jump ship from T Mobile and go with Comcast. Decided to do more work on my M’Aangan Cruiser so I added a few more details and thought I might see how it looks if I attach a few fighters to the outside of the ship.
    1710.jpg
    1711.jpg
    UPDATE...

Well after several days of banging my head against the internet I decided to switch over to Comcast. And now I’m back /insert evil laugh here/

I added more detail to the top of the ship and some glowy bits along the side trench.
    1712.jpg
    This shot gives a small view of the upper shuttle bay.
    1713.jpg
    1714.jpg
    Some observation windows on the side of the ship. I might make this one room instead of two.
    1715.jpg
    A good look at the new details I added to the back.
    1716.jpg
    Finally cracked the idea of what I want to do with the cannons. I think it’s a good start.
    1717.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    YouA’re getting better and better all the time Rob! :thumb:
    ItA’s just me, or Babylon five was a font of inspiration? :)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting design, the lighting looks sweet too.
    Starship wrote: »
    YouA’re getting better and better all the time Rob! :thumb:
    ItA’s just me, or Babylon five was a font of inspiration? :)
    Thanks. Never cared for Babylon 5 so no, it's inspiration other than once seeing an animation trailer for it at an old Video Toester Convention just before getting into CGI. :D
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Interesting design, the lighting looks sweet too.
    Thanks.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I don'T know why, but I cannot help but think about a Homeworld 2 ship...
    Is that a good thing? Some of my other designs have been compared to this game but I honestly know nothing about it. I don't play computer games.
    UPDATE...
    More greebleage. Most of it is just placeholders.
    1719.jpg
    More detail added to the cannon. I really like this one and think it’s the best weapon I’ve designed.
    1720.jpg
    Back of the cannon.
    1721.jpg
    Here’s a quick look at what I’m thinking for the front of the ship. The big open bits will be greebled all to hell.;D
    1722.jpg
    UPDATE...
    The month is almost over and I’m starting to get burned out on this thing so I added a few more details.
    1723.jpg
    I think I’ve finally locked down an idea for the interior rooms.
    1724.jpg
    1725.jpg
    More details and more rooms.
    1726.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    It's looking good X
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Are you sure you want such a bumpy-looking door? Judging from the lighting, it looks as though the bumps could be a whole centimeter deep or so.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    are you gunna model tables and chairs and what nots in the rooms?
    Aardwolf wrote: »
    Are you sure you want such a bumpy-looking door? Judging from the lighting, it looks as though the bumps could be a whole centimeter deep or so.
    It just looks bumpy. It's not. I'm happy with it as it is.
    colbmista wrote: »
    are you gunna model tables and chairs and what nots in the rooms?
    I don't know yet.

UPDATE...
    Not really an update but I wanted to do one last shot of the rooms useing Mental Ray and I still like it.
    While I was screwing around I discovered this. It’s pretty cool. http://new.weavesilk.com/
    1727.jpg
    UPDATE...
    New month. New year. New old project. I decided to work a bit on my bug ship. Didn’t want to work on another station. Things are starting to come into shape. I’ll change that bright red light to either blue or green since this will tie into the reactors along the spine and those have blue lights.
    1804.jpg
    1805.jpg
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    This is in blender, right?
    Nope. 3D Studio Max 6.
    Nice work on the Cardi ship.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    purdy!!

( bit of segmentation on the second pic, lower middle, on the corner :))
    Freak wrote: »
    Nice work on the Cardi ship.
    It's not a cardi ship.
    purdy!!

( bit of segmentation on the second pic, lower middle, on the corner :))
    Yeah I noticed the segments after the render.
    UPDATE...
    Added more to the spine of the ship and including newly rebuilt reactors. I’ve also starting on a couple of window placements. I thought about making the windows segmented like a bugs eye but then I decided it would be too hard to do so I just went with a shape that wasn’t round or square.
    1806.jpg
    Changed the red bit to blue and it works much better. I’m still not sure what the round things on the wings are. They could be small weapons but I like them being sensors instead.
    1807.jpg
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    It's not a cardi ship.

Yeah I know sorry, It jsut been a while since I seen this one. I think I saw you doing a cardi ship and got mixed up.

The new lighting looks great.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Have you considered putting a arc on that thing? That would make it real menacing....
    I really wanted to keep it looking flat like a squashed bug. :D

UPDATE...
    Many more windows have been added. Just a few more to do.
    1808.jpg
    I also had a new idea for another ship that matches better with an old fighter design that I have.
    1809.jpg
    1810.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Spent alot of time cleaning up mesh errors and I still have a few left to do. I added a few new details and cut down on the amount of objects in the scene. Also I was nice enough to get my self a new Nikon D5100 camera. 18 months without interest is so cool. So I’m spending more time trying to figure that out but it will help me with textures.
    1811.jpg
    Added the main engine.
    Please ignore the red engine light. It’s just left over from the original engine design that sucked hard.
    18121.jpg
    Details are looking great.
    I like the red on the engine.
    UPDATE...
    More details.
    1813.jpg
    1814.jpg
    1815.jpg