Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRefitting my Bridge

japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys... I am still waiting on Countdown for his Iman mesh, so I decided to do some "work" on my bridge. I have been following the Grandeur project, and have pulled some ideas for style and interior detail.

As I have about 2 months before I head off to Basic Training (Air Force), this may be my last major project for a long time (up to 2 years) depending on what job I land with and how long tech school takes.

Basically I have cleaned the outline of all the rooms up, and done some basic detailing. This time, I think that I will only do a bridge/Conference/Ready room complex.

My basic color scheme will be 2 tone gray with gold trim.
Post edited by japme on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweet work so far (I like the idea of hovering consoles, though they don't fit into ST. :ugly: )
    But please: top-down pic. They give better images of the floor-plans.
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Aresius... sorry for the long wait. I spent yesterday, trying to create a ceiling, and realized that the bridge was about 4 ft. to short, when I put the Captains chair in. I had no luck with the ceiling, but here is the topdown you requested.

If you have an idea for how the ceiling should look (size,shape,placement of lights, etc.) Please sketch it over the topdown, and I'll see if I have any luck with it.
    58480.jpg
  • moebiusmoebius0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool start. I've modeled a few bridges before, so I can appreciate all the effort that goes into creating one of these. Best of luck... hope to see more.

Cheers! — Moe
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    it looks big. It looks like an ops for a starbase.
    Thanks Moe.

Lonewriter.
    Yeah its big, but I'm trying to spread stuff out and make a more effective use of the area I have. I'm also trying to keep the style of the various parts consistent.

My biggest problem is going to be the ceiling. For which I could use any suggestions or sketches you all are willing to provide.

Here is a render of what you actually see.
    58497.jpg
    3.jpg 117.6K
    that looks very cool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Is the floor supposed to have a checkerboard pattern? It seems very distracting.
    Not again...

Mirkrim.
    The Carpet will change. I have the checker pattern, because it provides some placement reference. Excuse the moan above, but I had this same discussion with some other guys with my previous bridge thread.
    I like the ceiling of the Sovy and Intrepid so I would do something similiar with lots of lighting panels.
    Lonewriter.
    Thats what I was thinking. I have started a framework to support the ceiling and will try to get a render out tonight.

On another note, I got all the consoles LCAR'd this morning and added some doors behind the captains chair. Here is a render.
    58536.jpg
    5.jpg 164.4K
    That looks sweet.
    I like the slopes between the conn and ops. ^,_,^

But I think the metal of the walls is a bit too dark.
    Aresius.
    Yeah the colors will have to change, some. But that will be when I start finalizing the lighting. Glad you like the ramps. I still need to do a little work on those.

Lonewriter.
    I got a frame work put in for the ceiling. What do you think? Excuse the partial render, but it was going to take 2 hrs to finish, and I only have that long before I'd better rack out for the night.
    58564.jpg
    p1.jpg 134.6K
    THis makes the bridge be better illuminated. Great job.
  • Steve O B HaveSteve O B Have0 Posts: 0Member
    it's really impressive how fast you're churning this out - nice work!
    Thats what I though Aresius.

Steve.
    Yeah it is coming fast, but that is because I am rebuilding an old mesh. the layout of the walls consoles and chairs was predetermined, so there was no playing around trying to get everything to fit. Also I spent 2 days going through the Granduer Bridge Thread, studying some of Countdown5 and the other guys styles and techniques... thus, a much faster build has been achieved. And Glad you like it.
    Hey guys, got a start on the ceiling. It is framed in and the light shapes are roughed in.
    58610.jpg
    c1.jpg 159.9K
    And I have the ceiling cleaned up and the lights in.

I'll do a full render on Saturday, as I will be away from home from 11 - 8 , an airsoft birthday party and later a youth group outing.
    58626.jpg
    p3.jpg 49.4K
    japme wrote: »
    Not again...

Mirkrim.
    The Carpet will change. I have the checker pattern, because it provides some placement reference. Excuse the moan above, but I had this same discussion with some other guys with my previous bridge thread.

Ah ok. Yeah I was just thinking it looks like the grid Photoshop uses to represent transparent areas.
    sorry I didn't get back sooner. I really like the ceiling, glad I could help.
    No pics to post, but some news...

I have changed the color scheme. Mainly light tan, with (for now) gold trim, and blue floor.
    Am working on the lighting, and trying to figure out why it takes 5 minutes to load the scene, even though it is not super high-poly or even very complex.
    I'm on a roll. I have a good start on the lighting and it is rendering much faster than the original bridge did.
    58714.jpg
    L1.jpg 119.8K
    I like the lighting in that shot. It's got kind of a BSG feel to it.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Certainly it is much nicer to look at with the carpet in place ;)
    Lovely work so far.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    agreed. :thumb:
    I love the floor and the lighting.
    hey the club is back...

HOMER, ARESIUS, and LONEWRITER.

Glad you like it. I've added the big ceiling lights and here is wide angle render of the bridge with the consoles back in it to see how they look.
    58772.jpg
    l2.jpg 102.7K
    Lovely.. But dark.
    can't wait to see it complete.
    The thing that's always made me wonder about Star Trek since TUC is why the hell would you have a huge master display blueprint of the ship's insides and systems where it's behind the Captain!? The guy/woman can't see the display, and that's the one person (well them and the engineer) who *NEED* to see that display...

Also, it's position puts it in plain sight of the person you're hailing. You know we have the ability to enhance images modern-day -- It's like telling your enemy "okay, this stuff is on this deck, this is on that deck, and all the important stuff is here!"

Not a very smart move overall...

CuttingEdge100