Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRefitting my Bridge

2»

• japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Working on the ceiling lighting...

CuttingEdge.
    Your right that it is kind of dumb when you think about it, but it looks cool. Also the captain should not be distracted by a flashing screen. All he needs to know is if the sheilds are holding. the crew will feed him all of the info he needs.

About giving away secrets... If you go back through the shows, the visuals are almost always closeups of the captain, so there isn't actually a security threat there. Plus sensors will probably tell them the same thing if they do get a clear sight of the MDS
    Update on the lighting. I also lowered the ceiling panels a few inches.
    58813.jpg
    l4.jpg 220.2K
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    japme wrote: »
    hey the club is back...

HOMER, ARESIUS, and LONEWRITER.

I've been keeping track of your stuff all along, even when there was stuff i didnt like. I only commented when i felt i could something, or at least humor :D
    Also, it's position puts it in plain sight of the person you're hailing. You know we have the ability to enhance images modern-day -- It's like telling your enemy "okay, this stuff is on this deck, this is on that deck, and all the important stuff is here!"

Not a very smart move overall...

CuttingEdge100

First of all, there is a special security software that acts like a privacy screen. its visible when your looking straight at it, but it shows up on camera as a black screen. :p

lol
    Okay, worked on the lighting. First is normal/non-GI. The second has Indirect Light turned on, It also has the console supports changed.

Now just to put in the captains chair.
    58839.jpg58840.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow!
    Now we're talking!

I do suggest that you alter the stands for these panels on the side (the one we see on the first image in the post above). They don't look Starfleet-ish. ;)
    Please specify which... Aresius.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Yummy!!! Nicely done, guys!! One suggestion -- as it's a Starbase "bridge", use the MSD of an Immense-Class or an Alexandria-Class starbase.
    Ah... no this is a refit of my Scabbard Class Carrier Bridge. Where did you get the idea that it is a starbase bridge?
    Never mind him, he's posting mostly senseless thing, almost as bad as Pokemonfleet. Some suspect him of even worse, but that's not my thing to say.

I've highlighted the console I've meant. It's three stands are not fitting the stands of the other consoles. When I look at the version of the OPS and Conn, with it's flowing lines, this one almost feels out of the era.
    58855.jpg
    L5.jpg 52.5K
    Aresius.

Those have already been taken care of. my post above with the 2 renders, is a mix. The first is 2 days old, with the old consoles. The second one has the new ones. sorry for the confusion.
    sorry for the period of silence, but I was taking a break to start a new project and do dome stuff for my dad.

Okay, here is a render from the side of the bridge. I tossed my SF officer in for scale. Unfortunately there are some problems with the suit shader and skin shader.
    59130.jpg
    s2.jpg 97.6K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    pics a bit small me thinks. BIGGER japme ... BIGGER! Its a nice model, might as well show it off! :shiner:

Oh, and anything going on the walls by the viewscreen? seems extremely empty atm.

BTW: i feel sorry for the poor redshirt who would have to polish all that GOLD TRIM! :lol:

Great work so far japme :thumb:
    wonderful. Truly wonderful, with that gold trim it almost deserves to be the bridge of the presidential ship.
    Great. :thumb:

Hm, a little much free space in the front part.
    I'm still trying to decide what to put over there. I might go back to the three wall/ 3 panel mainviewer that I had on the old bridge... but then again, maybe not.
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    BTW: i feel sorry for the poor redshirt who would have to polish all that GOLD TRIM! :lol:

I can just picture it now: "Ensign, polish all that gold trim or you're on the next away team!!!" :shiner: :p
  • moebiusmoebius0 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Hm, a little much free space in the front part.

I don't mind a bit of free space there... I'm more concerned about sitting too close to those big screens. One could get disoriented or go blind by the displaced depth perception.

Just a thought.

Cheers! A— MA?e
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    OK, you're privileged, this is the first post I've made on Scifi-Meshes, and I've
    lurked for quite a while. :p

Some ideas:
    1. I haven't seen any "Red Alert" designated lights/displays, that is normally common on ST bridges.

2. To some degree, I would have thought that the captain may want to see some status screens of ship operations. Perhaps the walls near the large viewscreen can host large displays of ship operations.

3. The floor layout may not allow for crew members to go from one station to another station across the room quickly. They would have to navigate all sorts of stairs. Although the floor as-is does look interesting. Perhaps also making the walkway ramps wider would be better.

4. Perhaps the main viewscreen can also incorporate that little tracking
    light(s) that you see in the series.

This is really looking cool! I agree with needing bigger pictures!
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: Pretty cool, Japme! I think the inlay looks pretty good too. I like when designers break the mold and do something completely different!
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know. this design says Luxury Yacht more than anything else. other than that, I don't have any complaints. Though a larger image would be useful.
    Yeah I'm thinking of working on this more... just waiting for my current project to die out...
    Hey Japme - glad youre still around and kicking! (i do more lurking now than posting) but i always enjoyed looking at your stuff