Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother star wars classic!

derelictderelict0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Long time, no see! Some of you might remember that my Blockade Runner is put on hold because my computer just couldnt handle it with textures and all, heh. It hasnt been scrapped or anything.

I felt like modeling something again so I decided it was about time to start a new project, something smaller this time so that I actually might have a change to finally completing atleast one model with textures and all :)

Here it goes, The Rebel snowspeeder!

s3.jpg s4.jpg s5.jpg

The basic shape is complete and I would say its pretty accurate so far.
I will try to make updates as often as possible.
57255.jpg
57256.jpg
57257.jpg
Post edited by derelict on
s3.jpg 290.1K
s4.jpg 18.3K
s5.jpg 87.5K
Tagged:

• OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Always one of my favorites!! Nice start! :thumb:
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    We were wondering where you had wandered off to.

Good start, looking forward to this one like I do all your WIPs!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    yeah I must agree this is a good start I understand the computer problems and frustrations with capacity and capabilities but your work is great and this snowspeeder is no diffrent take care hope to see more soon
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Beautiful man. Good to see you still around!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    nice to see you posting again. good start so far

Chris
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Yep, a good start, looking forward to seeing this progress, always loved the snowspeeders!
  • derelictderelict0 Posts: 0Member
    Some more work.

s8.jpg s7.jpg
    57279.jpg57280.jpg
    s8.jpg 68.3K
    s7.jpg 109.2K
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    wow! really nice model!
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    One of my all time favorites - looking good!
  • Elokim-SupremeElokim-Supreme171 Posts: 0Member
    wow!! can you post a wire?
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    Now lets input this into AutoCAD and fire up an assembly plant and make a real life one. any one have a couple billion that they could loan. :LOL:

awsome.

<---Star Wars GEEK.
    Not much to show you at this moment but I better keep the thread alive!

s10.jpg s11.jpg
    58217.jpg58218.jpg
    s11.jpg 272.2K
    s10.jpg 281.4K
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's one of my favourite Star Wars ships :D And you seem to be doing a really good job at recreating it. Keep up the good work !
    (p.s. is it me or does the ship seem a bit too short / too tall ?)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    And we are glad you kept it alive mate, great work, as said was always one of my faves the Snowspeeder.

I always fancied modelling the early concept verion of the Snowspeeder by Ralph Mcquarrie, also a great design.

Looking forward to more updates!

:)
    That's one of my favourite Star Wars ships :D And you seem to be doing a really good job at recreating it. Keep up the good work !
    (p.s. is it me or does the ship seem a bit too short / too tall ?)

I think its the cameras angel thats making it look to short and to tall. If anything its not tall enough.

s12.jpg snow2.jpg

s13.jpg snow1.jpg
    58221.jpg58222.jpg58223.jpg58224.jpg
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats one slick ship you got there. A while back ago my friend did some sketches of this ship on his drafting table. He came up with some different squadron decals. He really brought this ship to life and that was back in the 80's.

Your doing the same thing here. it looks really impressive. I cant wait to see this thing done and photoshoped in with some scenes.
    Hmmm guess I have just bad at making estimates :D I'm waiting to see some more of this ship because I already know it will be awesome !
    Looking good!
    man i cant help myself!

b3.jpg b4.jpg b5.jpg
    59204.jpg59205.jpg59206.jpg
    b3.jpg 154.9K
    b4.jpg 151.5K
    b5.jpg 87.8K
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    nice start, what ship exactly is that? Maybe a B-wing?
    Yeah thats right. Some of you might remember my other B-wing I made a long time ago, it was my first "real" model and like so many other first models it had its flaws.
    So I felt like doing the B-wing justice and give it another try!
    Yes, a B-wing ! :D I really like that ship (damn Factor 5 programmers, it wasn't fast enough in Rogue Squadron series or I would use it in every mission). It looks really solid so far. I'm waiting to see both ships finished :p
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    great start!
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Looking good so far ;)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Yes, a B-wing ! :D I really like that ship (damn Factor 5 programmers, it wasn't fast enough in Rogue Squadron series or I would use it in every mission). It looks really solid so far. I'm waiting to see both ships finished :p

The B-wing was designed as a bomber/support craft, to replace the Y-wing. Endurance and armaments were more important than speed and agility, tho it could hold its own in a dogfight :)
    More! More! :)
    Hey hey! Its been a very long time since i've done any modelling now :) Even though I have a few projects going I felt like doing something new again.

I got inspired after seeing fractalsponge awesome corvette and star destroyer and thought it would be nice to make something for them to shoot at :)

So here it goes (And hopefully i will finish this one) The Barloz-class freigther! all i need now is a cool name for it!

freg13.jpg freg12.jpg freg11.jpg
    64573.jpg64574.jpg64575.jpg
    Cool!
    small update!

freg14.jpg
    64635.jpg
    stonky wrote: »
    More! More! :)
    stonky wrote: »
    Cool!

^ What they said :D The model is looking really good so far - the details are killer ! BTW is that your own design ?