Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother star wars classic!

13»

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Loving this, great design and well executed!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    I love it. It's like a baby Star Destroyer.
  • derelictderelict0 Posts: 0Member
    Funny thing, I havnt done any 3dmodeling for a couple of years now but for a month ago i randomly decided to check out scifi-meshes and I saw that this old old thread was on the front page. I looked through it and saw my old "projects" and all the comments and got this urge to start 3dsmax again.

A couple of nights, ice cold beer and good music and this is what I have to show.

Another star wars classic!

nb19.jpg nb20.jpg nb21.jpg nb22.jpg nb23.jpg
    106502.jpg106503.jpg106504.jpg106505.jpg106506.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    I'll never be a fan of these pockmarked designs, but the execution is great!
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Glad you're back at it. I actually love the look of this ship. It's got that ugly cool look that I've always loved from the SW universe. Details are looking excellent. It's amazing how many boat hulls, tankers, and rockets they kit bashed to make this ship.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm glad to see you're back at it too. This is one of my favorite ships, probably because it's so odd looking. My sister and I called it "the gun ship" when we were kids because the front looks like an upper receiver and pistol grip and the mid section and back a barrel and flash suppressor. So, it looks like a big gun. ;)
    I can't remember, did you ever finish your blockade runner?
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    jay-mo wrote: »
    I can't remember, did you ever finish your blockade runner?

afaik he did :)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Classic kit bashing in evidence on this beauty, and a great job you are doing in his execution :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    awesome, glad you're back
    Small update with more details along the lower part of the ship!

nb24.jpg nb25.jpg nb26.jpg nb27.jpg
    106613.jpg106614.jpg106615.jpg106616.jpg
    I can tell this is going to be another great model.
    By the way, could you link me to finished shots of your blockade runner? I remember that thread, but don't remember seeing the finished model. I can't seem to find the thread. I've been gone for a long time.
    Great looking greebles so far. :)
    @jay-mo,

The blockade runner model is finished, I started doing the textures but it ended up being to much for my old computer so i never finished it all togheter. Now I with a new computer i could probably finish it, who knows maybe some day i will come back to it :)

Heres a link to the latest wip thread when i started to make the textures:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?76218-Back-from-the-dead!&highlight=

I think the old original thread is removed due to age or something.

If you want I could post some new shots of the model.
  • wibblewibble1149 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    derelict wrote: »
    If you want I could post some new shots of the model.

That would be cool.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Ahhh what ship is this? All i remember is it was seen at the end of ESB where Luke got the prosthetic hand attached.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Nebulon-B Frigate.

And lovely work so far! Like all the ships from that era, it's greeble-liscious!
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    awesome job !! i've been allways a fan of the Nebulon B Frigate ! can't wait tot see some more progress !
    Nice update! You are really nailing the details. How is the detailing going on the other side? Are the details different on the other side? Not much out there on that view.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Looking great!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    jay-mo wrote: »
    Nice update! You are really nailing the details. How is the detailing going on the other side? Are the details different on the other side? Not much out there on that view.

I think it is pretty much symmetrical apart from the medical bay window on the left side of the primary hull section and the tower on the top of the engineering section which I think is slightly offset to one side.
    @jay-mo, The other side is very much different from the side im working on now so there is plenty work. Its pretty amazing how much detail and work was put in the studiomodels for pretty much a 20sec closeup shot.

More work, finished the basic shape of the cannon thing on the lowest part of the ship.

nb32.jpg nb33.jpg nb34.jpg
    106859.jpg106860.jpg106861.jpg
    It's looking great on that side. :D
    derelict wrote: »
    @jay-mo, The other side is very much different from the side im working on now so there is plenty work. Its pretty amazing how much detail and work was put in the studiomodels for pretty much a 20sec closeup shot.

More work, finished the basic shape of the cannon thing on the lowest part of the ship.

nb32.jpg nb33.jpg nb34.jpg

More work for you, more for us to look at. Outstanding job!