Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DImperial Star Destroyer

13»

• liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    docprice wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, I really was have a horrific time with the main hanger.

@liam. I did email you a zipped SU file. ill try again later today. My desktop went completly Kaputz and my laptop is comeing up on the ancient time zone. I see your useing a MAC, how do you like it. I havent used a MAC in 20 years and at that time they only had 2 tone screens, green and black. I havent decided on a system to buy.

i dont know why but the zipped file is a lightwave format? Mac's i love them, never crash, never get messed up, and just simply 'work'. Plus i can use all my windows stuff on it now, and the new mac book pro is the fastest laptop running vista, and ive opted for the 4GB RAM config so 3D stuff is a dodle. My main work i graphics and web design this is just a hobby so the incorporation of flash,illustrator, after effects, photoshop, in design and dreamweaver are essential to my computer abd the MAC runs them all best.
    I run my laptop off my sony bravia when at home so I get a big screen to work with as well!
  • docpricedocprice0 Posts: 0Member
    sweet, ill have to look into that.
    Update:

This project has been alittle dormant, and for a good reason. and stupid one at that. My laptop that I did all my work on died. With several fail attempts to salvage hard drive information I have lost all my work thus far on my ISD. To answer any questions about backing up, No i didnt do it and now im kicking my own arse. leason learned. there is not an ETA on a new rig but when i get one and get back to work on it, ill start posting. in the mean time I am working with Liam887 on my project with greeeeebles and other ins and outs of 3D modeling.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions and always the positive support that is always in large supply on this site.

Rick.
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    Sounds like your laptop did unto you pretty much what's happening in your avatar. Hard luck.
    Reviveing my old thread.... risen from the grave of a dead hard drive...

SDpractice2rightside.jpg

SDpractice2.jpg
    I got side tracked with a carrier project that is 230 ABY in the SW time line. engine profile.

SuperSDcarrier3bridgeprofile.png

SuperSDcarrier3rearprofile.png

SuperSDcarrier3passbyprofile.png

she is alittle over 14k long
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Im digging that Titan lookin' ship. Very cool. You got any other veiws of the carrier?
    /facepalms..... doh didnt realize it was so close to the Titan class.. time to go back to the drawing board....

btw nice to see you again Road Warrior.. :)
    Same to you buddy. That avatar of yours cracks me up everytime!

Both ships look great. I wouldnt change the the top one unless you just want to.
    I HaZ SpOon? hahah.. love that comic strip.. gone with the blast wave.
    Just a off question for you Roadwarrior... what 3d app do you use? I was wondering if you wanted to play around with some of these models?

here is me playing with alittle shadows.
    TieInterceptorrefitshadowtest.png

and some play time with fog effects.
    TieInterceptorrefitfog.png
    more fog play and some shadows
    SDpractice2fogandshadow.jpg
    I use Wings 3d and bryce myself. Sure, I wouldnt mind at all playing around with some of your ships. In fact I have been doing some similar modeling myself lately. And Im working on something big too- will send you some pics of that in a pm. Dont want anyone to see it here untill its done.
    Thats really cool bro, let me wrap thoose files up in a .zip and shoot them over.
    added some extra turbo laser turrets and 4 sensor domes that have been intergrated with the hull.

SD2topshadow.jpg