Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Phaser made wich particles

ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
I remember to read a tut of how doing Star Trek Phasers using particles in 3d max ..

Any guy have idea of how doing it or were i can find a tut of it (which particles)
Post edited by Zardoz on

• RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    It was a Super Spray with "Six Points" particle type... Glow enabled etc...
    You should find it or in the "resources" thread or online (I don't remember where, but if I'll find it I will tell you:) )
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    I manage to do it ( i don't know if there the same method, but works)
    I did which SupeerSpray + Videpost Glow + VideoPost Highlit + Videpost Flare in the Emitter place.

I only need to tweak the speed of the particles, but it's near to be adequate (the box have a length of 140 meters)
  • RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    It works like a charm!:D
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Zardoz, i think this is that tutorial - http://www.scifi-meshes.com/tutorials/Phasers.htm :thumb: In your scene i suggest to dicrease numbers of particles and change color to bright red - it will be more real(like in ent or ds)
  • Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    Looks great... Only thing else that i might do is to have the lens flair at the start point rotate.
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Enterprais !:thumb:
    I made changes to use RayTrace material which Luminosity at 100% White an use a similar glow setting of the Tut. Looks much better, more energetic and the "chaos" looks much better to any distance (bu in special in far distance). The best thing is that more easy to set (only one video post filter vs two combine video post filters)

Now, next phase ... auto shields which particles "a la Nemesis" and make to look well which a continuous beam
  • Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    Perfect... I like it!!!