Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Overlay after Rendering?

RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
hi,
is there a possibility to overlay a transparent Texture (RGBA-PNG) over a rendered image ?

currently i'm rendering mostly WIPs or Wallpapers which i want to mark with Name/e-Mail or if it's of my original universe, with a standard-header.

thanks
Post edited by Ronin on

• ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    Do it which Paint Shop Pro, Gimp or Photoshop. Like nearly all mortals doing it.
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Most every of the above mentioned apps have text options so you can add that... or create a 'header' like you say and paste onto the pic or the pic into the header, which ever way you prefere:D
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Behind the image, you can use the backdrop functionality - or alternately, combine images using the sequencer or nodes system.

The sequencer is a fully enabled video editor - here you can do everything from combining multiple scenes, pre-rendered images and all of the associated wipes / fades / overlays that go with it.
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    lol what sphynx said...sphynx wasnt there a tutorial on using those type of features just for that type of thing, in the blender community?
  • RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
    i'm using Photoshop for this, but it's boring and time consuming to do this everytime i render something / i have to Choose first, which perspektive/image i want to upload and then add the stuff to it. Adding it automatically by rendering it would give me the possibility to choose more freely.

thanks, i'll search for information of the editor.
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    Ronin wrote: »
    i'm using Photoshop for this, but it's boring and time consuming to do this everytime i render something / i have to Choose first, which perspektive/image i want to upload and then add the stuff to it. Adding it automatically by rendering it would give me the possibility to choose more freely.

thanks, i'll search for information of the editor.

if its just a header or something to that effect and doesnt cover up the render, or something like that, and is extremely simple, then just upload it to the background in your materials settings under the world configurations...it will take any background image like a png etc...

the sequence editor is for advance stuff, but with the background thing, it will always display the size you render in, so you dont have to worry about it not fitting...

as well, as using it as a world background, you can have multiple textures as the background each one doing their own thing and edited in their own way...so its more than one way to skin a cat ;)

hell any texture you can use as the background including the predifined....i can give you a quicky tutorial here, if you want
    no thanks, i know how to use a background texture. Problem this way, a Closeup or full-screen Render does not show the backgrould ^^
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    There are a few different ways of doing what you are after - this was a 30 sec. trial using a window switched into a node-editor, then set up a quick composite. Remember two things if you do it this way - use a png with the bulk of the image transparent as your overlay image, and make sure that you have 'Do Composite' turned on in the render menu, or you'll not see the results.
    thanks, i just did a Test which went as i hoped.
    First time i use the node-Editor. Next i'll try what's with resizing the Image or like that to fit render-size. Then i'll try around with those composition-nodes. :)