Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSC-60F Goliath Heavy Lift Shuttle

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Black Boa... ewww... that is one uber-fugly ship... sorry, but it just is... ugh.

Even as a sci-fi design, I still really like the realism of this shuttle concept.
  • it's very cool, and apparently very well thought-out...

Keep it up, we all want to see more!
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    It looks great, keep up the great work.

Will you eventually do orthos views?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I agree with the consensus that this a great looking and well-thought out design. Near-future "hard" sci-fi stuff is always a blast to see, especially when it looks this cool!
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Again..i love the design. if you ever want a 3D version seen, let me know it's one of the rare design i'de love to model.
  • aszazerothaszazeroth176 Posts: 209Member
    ^ a rare offer from a pro modeler... what is there more to say about such an alluring design.

Excellent work and we look forward to the 3D version !
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Wow guys..I'm extremely flattered. I'll tell you what al3d. If I can motivate myself to defy my usual draw one view then never finish I'll send you the full orthos and you can have at it.
  • DAveDAve0 Posts: 0Member
    al3d wrote: »
    Again..i love the design. if you ever want a 3D version seen, let me know it's one of the rare design i'de love to model.

Talk about an offer you cannot refuse!

DAve
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    ^ one is a life time oppertinanty and he's taken it.

Good Man.
  • Agent NickAgent Nick332 Posts: 3Member
    These are absolutely spectacular designs! And to be honest, they're actually aerodynamically sound as well! I'd actually do a little analysis, but it's Friday afterall. I may investigate this design a little further if you don't mind, since I find it beautifully scifi and at the same time somewhat honest to the principles of aerodynamics that have been drilled into my head for the last two years.

I love these elevations! You really ought to consider having someone try a 3D version for you. It's an amazing design!
    Thank you. I always try to design with realism in mind. I try not to rely to heavily on "magical" level technology to explain function in my work.

And there is a 3D model of this design in the works but I have yet to complete full orthos so it may be sometime before any updates on the Goliath get posted.
  • AescapuliusAescapulius331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm stealing your talents. In exchange I'll give you my firstborn and cash.
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Very nice work sorceress, the design has some very solid aspects to it and comparing it to the dorsal I think you have yourself a winner here. The blended wing you have there with the large LERX works very well, where the trailing edge meets the engines looks like it could use some work, but otherwise it is great, and remember I am an AERO engineer. Heck I'd almost suggest pugging it into X-plane and playing with it in there to optimize the wing and fuselage design. Very nice work, now if we could get a real space shuttle replacement that was as nice.
    Well once we have fusion technology and supercharged ion propulsion maybe something like the Goliath will fly for real in a few more decades or so.
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Stop spending time on the foruim and finish those orthos..LOL...
    I know I need too...I'm actually off all weekend so perhaps I can get something accomplished with some uninterrupted time.

Thanks for the comments guys!
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Very Cool shuttle mate, Is there a story or RPG behind this ship?!

Hope to see more of the other view soon...
  • Shadowhawk2006Shadowhawk20060 Posts: 0Member
    Hey sorceress21! Like I said before, love your designs! How about having the orthos for a flying hospital? I bet Medecins Sans Frontieres would love to have a jet like this one with one operating theatre and and a room full of medicines...
    Very Cool shuttle mate, Is there a story or RPG behind this ship?!

Hope to see more of the other view soon...

It's one design from a whole universe I'm writing about. I have so many projects in my verse I can't seem to focus on one of them long enough to actually finish anything. You can find a timeline that sets the tone of my story on this thread: http://www.scifi-meshes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=696 but keep in mind my story is constantly evolving so this time line is far from the final version.
    Hey sorceress21! Like I said before, love your designs! How about having the orthos for a flying hospital? I bet Medecins Sans Frontieres would love to have a jet like this one with one operating theatre and and a room full of medicines...

Well it's not really a jet. The main engines are supercharged ion impulse drives. And did you see the post of the medivac version back on page two I think?
  • Shadowhawk2006Shadowhawk20060 Posts: 0Member
    Oh! I guess the image didn't load. Sorry!
    Well I finally decided to model the Goliath..Since I picked up enough SU skills to make it work I gave it a go...The hardest part thus far and I'm still not done has been the blended winglets. I've been working on them all day as I've had to manually model the polys. Poly count thus far...55,334

goliath3d.jpg
    66971.JPG
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Thread relocated to the 3D WIP forum as requested. Looking great so far Sorceress! You do things with Sketch Up that amaze me. :)
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I really enjoy reading the background for the SC-60F Goliath! The 3D model looks great too, nice start. I can hardly wait to see what the ship will look like in comparison to your 2D picture. If it's anything like your Aracuda Spec Ops Cutter, it'll be good.

My only comment would be to consider creating a gunship version, like an ACS-60. Perhaps it has an array of space-to-ground weapons (like rods from god), something to nuke the site from orbit since it's the only way to be sure, and stuff like what you'd see on the AC-130. The David Magnetic Accelerator Cannon comes to mind...

Inspiration...
    ac-130h-19990803ac130a.jpg
    Already planned! I gotta finish the basic build first then I'll do variants..And thanks guys! It's been a fun project and has really helped me get better with SU!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Nice work Sorceress!
    Thank ya!

Here's the aft with the interior of the cargo bay starting to come together..The doors are modeled but hidden for this view. Once done the doors will work just as they do on the C-17. Also attached is a really bad perspective render..still LOTS of clean up and detail work left..and I still haven't finished the winglets.

gback.jpg
    66992.jpg66993.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    aww, that is freaking cool, realism to the max :thumb: lol. The only minor crit I can think of is whats going on around the nosetip
    Ya know, the nose was the thing that has been the most difficult for me to model. I can't get it the way I really want it, right now there are several remnants that I have not cleaned up yet on the radome because I think I'm gonna try something different to get it the exact shape I want. There is a generic radome component in place right now just for working filler.
    66994.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Very nice... I love this design. Great to see it in 3D. :D
    141,140 is the current poly count....I'm gonna squeeze every last bit out of SU on this one!!!

I can never resist making a scene with a model that still isn't finished. Here's an engine lighting test...

iceclimb.jpg

Wireframe looks NUTZ!!!

goliathwire.jpg
    67002.jpg