Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

How to Modeling

AndurilAnduril0 Posts: 0Member
I have only one big question, I am Noob in modeling and i want to know how to make pictures,and what programs i need to use?
Post edited by Anduril on

• aszazerothaszazeroth176 Posts: 209Member
    What program are you intending to use !?

Generally speaking

Start with Google

and ofcourse ... -THE- manual.
  • AndurilAnduril0 Posts: 0Member
    for now i dont use nothing, i dont know what program is god for amatuers
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    I personally found Wings3D was a good program to start with. Blender is a good one too...
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    In that case you might want to give Blender a chance. It´s free and our tutorials section features a great series of basic tutorials to help people understand the most-needed basic functions. After that just select your hobby projects by the level of knowledge you´re at. For Trek fans I usually recommend a Daedalus Class since it´s a collection of basic shapes which can be detailed endlessly depending on the artist´s current level. From then on every new project should contain a detail that interest you and will require you to figure out a new technique to build it (e.g. polygon modeling for a Stargate fighter).
    I hope at least some of this makes sense.
    Wings isn´t bad either but its strengths seem to be geared towards subdivision-surface modeling (a technique you should only start to learn once you understand the basic features of a program).
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Even as a Wings3d user, I would have to recommend getting into Blender as it is really a very comprehensive application. Wings3d is only for modeling.

good luck!
  • AndurilAnduril0 Posts: 0Member
    Thx really for help, i just started with this,and ocourse i need some help, but i hope that i will soon send my first art work.

Thx again.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    The key to getting good at this, is to slog through a year or two of being really bad at it. Have patience with your early mistakes, and focus on how much you are improving, not necessarily on how your skills compare to those of much more experienced users. You'll find more satisfaction that way, I think.
  • farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    The key to getting good at this, is to slog through a year or two of being really bad at it. Have patience with your early mistakes, and focus on how much you are improving, not necessarily on how your skills compare to those of much more experienced users. You'll find more satisfaction that way, I think.

Thats exactly how it went with me. Sure my art isnt that great, but if i look back to when i started 3 years ago i can focus on how i have improved rather than how shite my stuff is compared to others :shiner:

So dont give up early when you are finding it hard, or get negative feedback, just keep on going and improving. Once you get to grips with your chosen software, start looking for some free online tutorials.
  • BerticusBerticus171 Posts: 63Member
    What program have you decided on? (Looks like Blender...)

Some links to things that will be really helpful to you if you are using Blender:

BSoD

This is one all Blender users should at least glance at. It is ovewr 300 pages of documentation for the complete beginner.

Google

And the top ten links in this Google search should also be extremely helpful.

And last: be thorough, methodical, and drink plenty of coffee. Also... be patient :devil:. Like I wasn't.

Good luck,
    -albert