Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStarship Erebus-Revisited

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice so far as for neck, I did a little drawing if you don't mind.

curvedik1.th.jpg

You can see my two coloured suggestions
    Blue=remember your neck is going onto a curved surface so you may want to show that too.
    Red=Spine the neck, just forthat little reinforcemnent and to take blockyness away. :)

Great work.:D
  • Startrek91481Startrek91481171 Posts: 0Member
    ok the dorsal view is giving me fits soo... I did this instead.

Here are a pair of phasers. the type 02 is not too different than the one seen in DS9 but since I needed to draw it to have permission to use it for my TM I decided that I would give it my own flare.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Both phasers look very good. Does the Type II have the display on the vertical part, facing the user, rather than facing straight up? If so, that's good.
    Both phasers look very good. Does the Type II have the display on the vertical part, facing the user, rather than facing straight up? If so, that's good.

I'm toying with a couple of ideas. one is that vertical part is actually a sighting aperature and the beam intensity indicator is in the traditional place on top of the houseing. however, I think that vetical area would be too small to be effective escecially since the trigger would cause the thumb to be in the way.
  • Captain J. WesleyCaptain J. Wesley0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome :) this means I need to rewrite my story though, cuz now the USS Ranier isn't the largest federation ship anymore. :(
    awesome :) this means I need to rewrite my story though, cuz now the USS Ranier isn't the largest federation ship anymore. :(

haha thanks for the comment but, if I were you I'd let your story stay as is. The big E is hardly canon. ;)
    Originally I was not planning to do an elevation view of the type2 but since I think there was some interest in that view I went ahead and drew it and I think the results were rather good for me. Enjoy.
    This is a missile similar to the present day AIM-9 sidewinder with the exception of a micro impulse engine and photon warhead. not as effective in speed as a torp, but more powerful than the micro torps and no need for a launcher. This would be ideal for fighters and attack vessels who are too small to accomidate a full size torp launcher and needs more firepower than a micro torp.
    a minor update... especialy in the spelling department. let me know what you think. As always constructive crits/suggestions are more than welcomed.

And thanks to all those who have replied. You have been a bunch of help.
    I originally planned on working on the phaser rifles tonight but elected to work on the E herself, and I think i finnally got it. It is missing the connecting neck and that will have to be a beast to tackle at another night. but for now I have a partial compleation.
    here are a series of saucers for the Erebus. they are in no way the final design just general shape. Just wondering if I could get a few suggestions on which may be the best.
  • Endeavour3dEndeavour3d331 Posts: 0Member
    I honestly like the classic #4 saucer shape, however, I think if #2 were maybe 10-20% wider, that would look good as well. Either way, this looks to be a really awesome ship, good work.
  • Benji7869Benji78690 Posts: 0Member
    I'd use the 1st one on this ship. I haven't commented on this ship before but it is awesome. I really have been impressed with it through the progression of it all.

PS. I've added schematics for the Vulcan ring drive on my Federation One ship.
  • TusTus0 Posts: 0Member
    looks nice, i would suggest 4 or 8 for a saucer
  • Capt.HunterCapt.Hunter331 Posts: 71Member
    In no particular order I like 1, 4, 5, and 10
  • drago-musewenidrago-museweni171 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmm 4 and 5 looks great.:)
  • Jack SkiecziusJack Skieczius0 Posts: 0Member
    humm, # 1 and 8, but like everyone else, 4 is classic. 2 also looks good.

you have anyone to model your ship in 3d once its done yet? if not i may be up to the challenge.
    always wanted to see a ship this big, and as a carrier as well. woot.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    1 or 8...

(they looks the same actually...)
  • 8. My favor has been lying towards egg and or really squished saucer shapes.
  • barry1barry1331 Posts: 0Member
    nr 4, It looks great on the engeneering hull
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    i dont have a preference, i just wanna see more!
    an update after a long absance.
    dorup.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Interesting....I'm just wondering if you'd ever (possibly) do a varient of the "Erebus-Class" with one of Paul S. Cargile's "Rapier-Class" varients as the saucer section.

rapier2.jpg
    58801d1223362901-blasts-past-12-img-config1.gif
  • NodymeNodyme0 Posts: 0Member
    well, I was about to write that you should go for saucer design 8 9 or 10... now I see this question is a very old one and you went for... 8... well chosen.
    works very good with the design of the maine frame
    Looks nice.
    Welcome back.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    most interesting....
    an update after a very long time... obvioulsly tons still to do.

saucerop-2.jpg
    Nice work, I like it.
    just a minor update... plan to change the window, but took me a minute to figure out a method that would work with setting as an arc.

saucerop-3.jpg
    Seperation Mode and nacells extended.

sauceropnacellesextended.jpg