Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Colonial Fleet

• Alan EAlan E236 Posts: 133Member
    Comco....( In respect Of your Father )

along time ago, this forum shared models and textures with all freely. Asking another the borrow theirs was not that un-common 5 or so years ago. Or maybe that was 25 years ago...

I posted, but my response but was edited.
    Lol....
    lol
    lol
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Alan E wrote: »
    lol

Dude stop messing up my thread, that's very immature.
    No worries...I'll take my peacock Battlestar work to another forum. Bye.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member

Nobody cares. Japetus' work is superior to yours, btw. You might want to have him help you.

All I ask is you not fill it up typing "lol" and arguing with admins. If you have constructive criticism, thats fine. But I'm not going to send out my models. If you want to post some screenshots of what you would do, or shader settings, fine. I have no problems with legitimate critiques, although my goal so far was not to light them in the reboot bsg style yet but to just show off the models. You may notice that the vehicles are from the original bsg.
    I appreciate all the work done on the original and reboot bsg and my only goal is to honor that work with my fanart.
    xiaorobearLizzy777scifiericMadKoiFish
    Replace your volumtric engines...on your ship...with a
    PixelMagic wrote: »

Nobody cares. Japetus' work is superior to yours, btw. You might want to have him help you.

I Don't see his or your Battlestar on the horizion.............................................
    So will I get Banned again, like when I did the battle scenes for exodus.....Season 3 .........
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    So will I get Banned again, like when I did the battle scenes for exodus.....Season 3 .........

Nope... I haven't seen that one. :) If you'd like to introduce the forum to your artwork, I'd heartily recommend starting your own thread so we can provide feedback there. I'm sure you have a lot of 3d techniques and tips to share, but hijacking another members WIP thread to do so is likely counterproductive.

As to the ancient history of this forum being more free with the sharing of models... Well, I was there, and I very much remember how badly that ended, with several of our more distinguished posters burned, and now refusing to release models publicly, or at least not behind a pay wall. The situation now is a great deal more jaded, and far more based around interpersonal credit and positive relationships. I'm sure we all welcome the opportunity to build that trusting relationship with you and others joining this forum, but it does have to be *built*, rather than simply demanded.
    I look forward to seeing your work posted on SFM!

japetusscifiericComcoLizzy777MadKoiFish
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I posted, but my response but was edited.

No one has edited any of your posts.
    scifiericHoward Day
    Let's get this back on track....about 2/3 done with what's known as the Pre-Eastern Alliance Destroyer.....basically a Frankenstein F-15. It was later heavily modified to be a smuggler ship or something later on in the series, but I'm doing the original for now.

idibxfm48r03.png
    iejqkp1m6zl4.png
    xiaorobearLizzy777wibbleBolianAdmiralBrandenbergStarCruiserLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicer
    Modeling pretty much done...filled in some of the huge gaps...worked on the front. What a weird ship! Needs some textures next

bxnq39w6685u.jpg
    pyz947fwimzh.jpg
    qndg8f09czg6.jpg
    sw95nltcfivp.jpg
    wibbleBolianAdmiralBrandenbergLizzy777xiaorobearStarCruiserpubliusrcaveat_imperatorLeoBerlinscifiericand 1 other.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Awesome… I’ve always loved the Eastern Alliance cruiser… I never noticed this variant in the fleet before.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Really nice man, that underside looks great...
  • ZoidZillaZoidZilla340 Posts: 17Member
    Really great work. I love that one can identify the various model Kitt parts the model makers used back in the day (like the tomcat hull).

Are you planning on making the Gemini too?
    ZoidZilla wrote: »
    Really great work. I love that one can identify the various model Kitt parts the model makers used back in the day (like the tomcat hull).

Are you planning on making the Gemini too?

Yup I'm just slowly going through them!
    Got pretty far on everyone's favorite fleet ship.

uxbi9be2on2r.jpg
    o0wo554m4zvu.jpg
    gbko90lnhu2c.jpg
    ashleytingerxiaorobearLizzy777wibbleStarCruisercaveat_imperatorwolfmansrspicer
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looking great, man. :sunglasses:
    Are you using an edge smoothing shader or are you chamfering all that by hand?
    Comco wrote: »
    Looking great, man. :sunglasses:
    Are you using an edge smoothing shader or are you chamfering all that by hand?

By hand!
    Comco
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Still love that instead of coming up with some kind of spacebound containers they just used a standard freight container design.
    scifieric
    7r6xexsxvpsl.jpg

Coming along...mostly have the front to do now I think. About 1/3 done with that. Also turned on ACES..it gives a much richer color. You can see the difference here:

sRGB

rh7j8qu3ozh9.jpg

ACES
    kiwc4d1oh375.jpg
    ashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorwolfmanscifieric
    edited April 2022 #86
    Doing some more exhaust tests on the Colonial Mover, tried numerous things but I think the ol' volume light is what I was after. I also applied it to the Rising Star and I like the exhaust on it more now too.
    z6atudbqfsjz.png
    m9s72wti01i1.png
    gbyet61x38ok.png
    kh482hu156wz.png
    Post edited by japetus on
    xiaorobearashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperatorwolfmanLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicerand 1 other.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    japetus wrote: »
    Modeling pretty much done...filled in some of the huge gaps...worked on the front. What a weird ship! Needs some textures next

bxnq39w6685u.jpg
    pyz947fwimzh.jpg
    qndg8f09czg6.jpg
    sw95nltcfivp.jpg

That reminds me a bit of the FASA Decker secondary hull with the swan swoop to the hull.
    japetusStarCruiserscifieric
    Finished up the modeling on this guy I think! Excited to texture it!

wmn4213flkh3.png
    f8kdcnctllev.png
    212jgvg0oq82.png
    csk523td1r97.png
    StarCruiserMadKoiFishLizzy777xiaorobearashleytingerpubliusrwibblewolfmanscifiericsrspicer
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I could actually see something like this being real one day…Musk’s Starship opening its maw for modular containers to spill out where a craft like this—but with big radiators—pushing them to the asteroids.
    japetus
    It's coming together now! Got the containers pretty much done!
    rix129ky4stn.jpg
    Lizzy777caveat_imperatorashleytingerJayruwolfmanStarCruiserwibbleLeoBerlinscifiericsrspicer
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I'd watch the hell out of a Colonial Movers Space Truckers show. LOL

That looks awesome.
    scifieric