Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Mankato

Put my "super duper futuristic" starship on hold since I kept beating my head against the wall trying to improve on the design. Came up with this one as I had been wanting to try experimenting with a cutoff saucer shape that I had seen on Disco and in some other fan art renders. If anybody knows the name of the class of ship this is, or what it most closely resembles, please let me know!

I'm also trying to concentrate more on detailing with this one. I know greebling in Trek is a tough topic since some of the canon ships (Miranda class, for example) feature some greebles, but to add too many can quickly steer into Star Wars territory. I've used Chipp Walters KitOps addon for a while now and decided to try adding some of those elements onto this hull to give it a little more detail and dynamic.

Still wrestling with hull panels on this one. I cut some of the shapes using edges in the topology, some booleans, and also some roughness and specular maps. It's a bit of a hodge-podge, but it kinda' works?

Windows and lighting boxes are next. But I've gone pretty hard on this one for the last week so I might take a little bit of a break to rest my brain.

n7ea2409jbdx.png
f00pr68mpeih.png
ocgoazgaoc8h.png
erwicl9uj65v.png
BolianAdmiralLizzy777LeoBerlinpsCargile
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral767 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,211Member
    I love the name, lol.
    mishasiegfried
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried55 Posts: 31Member
    I love the name, lol.

Thanks! I'm a MN boy.
    BolianAdmiral
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann357 Posts: 1,102Member
    "We're goin' out in space, yeah?"
    "yeah, final frontier, doncha know?"
    "It's great, but I hear dey got dose Klingons out dere. Dey can be a bit of work."

Seriously though, I LOVE this design, it's simple and looks nice and quick, it's like a stripped down starship. And I love the name too. We have a California class, why not a Minnesota class? I can imagine the backstory to this ship, where they needed a bunch of ships quickly so this was tough little ship was made to fill in the gaps.
    mishasiegfried
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried55 Posts: 31Member
    "We're goin' out in space, yeah?"
    "yeah, final frontier, doncha know?"
    "It's great, but I hear dey got dose Klingons out dere. Dey can be a bit of work."

Seriously though, I LOVE this design, it's simple and looks nice and quick, it's like a stripped down starship. And I love the name too. We have a California class, why not a Minnesota class? I can imagine the backstory to this ship, where they needed a bunch of ships quickly so this was tough little ship was made to fill in the gaps.

Thanks! She's designed as a sort of frigate, engineered for speed and maneuverability with firepower. Based on the scale I'm using for my models, she's about half the size of a Constitution class.
  • psCargilepsCargile377 Posts: 611Member
    Pretty good. The greebles look just enough.
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog178 Posts: 18Member
    This is great. It looks like Trek but it also has some things that are different. Love the direction the nacelles are headed. Hope to see more !
  • japetusjapetus1669 SeattlePosts: 1,185Member
    Cool stuff! Looks Trek but different and unique. I like it