Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLewis' Nova Class

2»

• kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Awesome, how do you set up those 3d interiors into the uv textures for the room boxes?
    lewisniven
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Just remember that in the episode’s dialogue, the Equinox First Officer says that they still have “A” working shuttle, implying that the ship only has one, at least one that functions. But, given the size of that bay, and the ship in general, I cannot possibly fathom how the ship could host more than two Type-6’s, even if that… it likely has one Type-6, and one of the small Type-15 pods.
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
    edited May 2021 #34
    kaden wrote: »
    Awesome, how do you set up those 3d interiors into the uv textures for the room boxes?

I literally just take a shot of each room from each angle, so the walls and floors, then make a box the size of the room and delete the front face (ie the '4th wall'). UV unwrap the box and use the shots I took previously as both the Diffuse and Emissive texture;

e5fg2hsv8lfn.png

Then I can just stick that behind windows.

The finished article looks like this;

80qa1b5f9c6n.png

Just remember that in the episode’s dialogue, the Equinox First Officer says that they still have “A” working shuttle, implying that the ship only has one, at least one that functions. But, given the size of that bay, and the ship in general, I cannot possibly fathom how the ship could host more than two Type-6’s, even if that… it likely has one Type-6, and one of the small Type-15 pods.

Yeah I don't think they'd carry many shuttles at all with it being a small science vessel. I figured the shuttlebay and cargo area might all be one section as that deck is slightly taller than all the others, so having a large opening for bigger stuff would be useful.
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    Lizzy777ashleytingerkadenBolianAdmiralJESMcCwibble
    edited May 2021 #35
    ohscgy2r374b.png

ashleytingerdarkthunderLizzy777JESMcCwibbleAel's
    edited May 2021 #36
    I needed a cargo bay type thing to go behind some larger windows so knocked this up. Ill use the walls for 2d textures again but put the 3d barrels in the room to give some colour and parallax

6dwylar71ix6.png

0zvba6hek08x.png
    lennier1BolianAdmiralLizzy777RekkertJESMcC
    Thanks, I was missing the emissive part on my ones, I had separate polygons to act as lights. The rooms with things near the wall, are they rendered on the ground too?
    lewisniven
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Your interiors are very good. I like that.
    lewisniven
    edited May 2021 #39
    kaden wrote: »
    Thanks, I was missing the emissive part on my ones, I had separate polygons to act as lights. The rooms with things near the wall, are they rendered on the ground too?

The one with the desk yes, but for the cargo bay I'll put the actual barrels in the room, just to sell the effect better.
    lennier1
    Cool, thanks. I was wondering how that would look. I will be upgrading my interiors so they have different functions.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Nice. Crap, now I hate mine. :p
    Nice. Crap, now I hate mine. :p

Haha i'm sure it's fine. Lots of people have done novas with their own spin on it tbh, there's quite a few models out there.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    I'm telling it now I won't do one. B)
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I'll start one now.. I might have it finished by 2046... :)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nice, so far!
  • JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    The Nova class is such a pretty design. And I like your different take on the primary deflector. Since this is Equinox, are you going to put her through the grinder like in the episode, or have her appear as she would have before being stranded in the Delta Quadrant?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is very cool and I love the Nova Class.
    I got to get back into modelling I have not done anything in months.