Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalUSS Yeager Kitbash (DS9)

13»

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Small update...

r5ewcdpcgzya.jpeg
    h2tap9tm1qpk.jpeg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakLeoBerlin
    Almost there...

5xd67wcuq263.jpeg
    ezef1f8oiyke.jpeg
    evil_genius_180RekkertLizzy777FreakLeoBerlin
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,281Member
    Not a fan of the design itself (many of the kitbashes created for Wolf 359 just felt more natural than the DS9 ones), but I admire your execution of the project.
    BolianAdmiral
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That really is some top notch work, BolianAdmiral. :)
    BolianAdmiral
    Thank you 😊
    edited September 2020 #67
    So, for those of you who may be interested, I did a size comparison, to get a definite idea of just how many decks she has. Turns out she has the same amount of decks as Voyager, but the Elkins has more. It's said that the Voyager is equivalent in size/volume to the refit Constitution-Class. If this is true, the Elkins is definitely the largest of the two Intrepid-variants, as not only is her secondary hull deeper than Voyager's, but remember that she has twin secondary hull sections. She must have the volume of an Excelsior-Class ship.

rhyl48uyrc2s.jpg
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    publiusr
    Last update for the night. I christen thee...

cnil9fjeu8wb.jpeg
    FreakLizzy777evil_genius_180
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really Nice work on this.
    I don't think I could have done this. (my practical modelling skills suck.)
    Thank you.

At this point, I think I’m ready to call her done. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    Nicely done!!

It hate to see you brushing paint on, even without masking areas off. I just completed a large commission model that was 3D printed. I decided to go all in on Tamiya products. I used white, grays and clear. I also used their masking tape products. It was expensive, but worth it as I had no issues with peeling, decal melting and almost no bleeding. Their tapes come in some thin widths to allow you to follow arcs and tight curves on a model. I also use a generic liquid mask to fill any tape gaps.
    It is worth the effort to start use more masking methods, you will never regret it.
    I'll be posting the completed model here soon.
    BolianAdmiral
    Thanks. Yeah, I really didn’t want to brush paint, but at the time, the prospect of masking off all the details on the Maquis hull was pretty daunting. But I think now I figured out how to do it. Besides, I did improve my brush skills a bit with this. I’m calling this first one done. Gonna hang her up from my ceiling now, and enjoy looking at her. This is the first thing I’ve ever kitbashed, and honestly, I’m amazed no major issues came up during the build. She’s not perfect, but I did learn a lot during the process, which will be applied to the next Yeager I build, as well as the Elkins.

5xytp29tjjkf.jpeg
    gjj8g5gyjan0.jpeg
    Lizzy777publiusrFreakRekkert
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Are you going to weather it? A little wash might be great for bringing out the details even more.
    So far it looks a little flat colour wise.

But great job over all, I know how hard painting and modelling can be, I have done a bunch of bandai star wars kits myself.
    BolianAdmiral
    Thanks. No, I don’t think I’ll do any weathering with this. I’m frankly amazed it came out this good, so I don’t want to risk messing anything up, lol.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    She turned out really nice!
    BolianAdmiral
    Thank you. 😁
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    You finished it great, nice job! =)
    BolianAdmiral
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Thank you, my friend. 😁