Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

[Completed] Scheduled Maintenance: Backend updates Sunday 22 March

GuerrillaGuerrilla461 HelsinkiPosts: 2,578Administrator
edited March 22 in Site News #1
I'll do a little backend maintenance work next weekend, mainly for future proofing the gamification features. Basically, I'm switching out a few plugins for a more stable branch. The current implementation is functional enough right now, but it hasn't been maintained for a while, so each forum update is a little risky. Switching to an actively maintained branch should fix that for the time being. Also, there's a couple of features we're not using now simply because they don't work. Switching to a newer version may let us come up with some new fun gamification features without crashing the forum in the process. :tongue:

There's a little bit of custom code I need to port over or write, and the update will require some changes in the database, so it's a little more involved than a usual forum update, but shouldn't take longer than a few hours, once I get going. The forum will be offline during that time.

I have the new system up and running on the dev site, but it was a pretty involved process, so I'm hoping I can smooth it out by the weekend.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!
Rekkertevil_genius_180

• GuerrillaGuerrilla461 HelsinkiPosts: 2,578Administrator
    This one seems to have gone pretty smoothly. New system up and running, and old stuff migrated to the new one without a hitch.

As usual, please report any bugs (with Points, Badges, and Reactions specifically in this case) you find here.
    Rekkertevil_genius_180
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!