Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DClose call

ComcoComco296 Posts: 1,271Administrator
edited October 2019 in Finished Work #1
Hey all. Those in the Discord channel know I've been plugging away at this relatively straight forward scene for weeks now. I'm finally happy with it. Created primarily to learn more about PhoenixFD and creating a decent looking explosions for still images. I'm quite happy with the results. Big should out to @nightfever for sharing his fantastic Defiant model!

5o9m6bych9a4.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
Tagged:
evil_genius_180scifiericLizzy777P5ych0p4thFreakViperMadKoiFishfurswift

• kadenkaden533 JapanPosts: 160Member
    That looks great!

Is the explosion all 3d too? it looks like a proper sfx explosion.
  • ComcoComco296 Posts: 1,271Administrator
    Yeah - Phoenix is a fluid dynamics simulator used in VFX. The effect is volumetric and can be rendered from any angle. :)
  • trekkitrekki361 Posts: 928Member
    Yes, that's really good.
  • kadenkaden533 JapanPosts: 160Member
    Ah nice, Sorry I should have read your post properly lol, I was too fixated on the image!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1801475 Posts: 9,693Member
    That's a really sweet image. Even if you hadn't mentioned it, I was going to compliment you on the fire effect. It's really fantastic looking.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric678 Posts: 1,135Member
    That's a really sweet image. Even if you hadn't mentioned it, I was going to compliment you on the fire effect. It's really fantastic looking.
    That is exactly right. Spectacular work.
  • FreakFreak941 Posts: 4,083Member
    Stunning!
  • furswiftfurswift521 BrooklynPosts: 169Member
    Fantastic. How I would love to see you do a Valiant battle remake.
    "You've scanned my vessel..."
  • japetusjapetus420 SeattlePosts: 861Member
    Sweet image, yeah i get to use Phoenix at work on occasion, always fun when i do! It's quite the hard plugin to learn, at least for me