Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClose call

ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
edited October 2019 in Finished Work #1
Hey all. Those in the Discord channel know I've been plugging away at this relatively straight forward scene for weeks now. I'm finally happy with it. Created primarily to learn more about PhoenixFD and creating a decent looking explosions for still images. I'm quite happy with the results. Big should out to @nightfever for sharing his fantastic Defiant model!

5o9m6bych9a4.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
evil_genius_180scifiericLizzy777P5ych0p4thFreakViperMadKoiFishWarp Propulsion Laboratory
Tagged:

• kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    That looks great!

Is the explosion all 3d too? it looks like a proper sfx explosion.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Yeah - Phoenix is a fluid dynamics simulator used in VFX. The effect is volumetric and can be rendered from any angle. :)
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Yes, that's really good.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Ah nice, Sorry I should have read your post properly lol, I was too fixated on the image!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really sweet image. Even if you hadn't mentioned it, I was going to compliment you on the fire effect. It's really fantastic looking.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That's a really sweet image. Even if you hadn't mentioned it, I was going to compliment you on the fire effect. It's really fantastic looking.
    That is exactly right. Spectacular work.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning!
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Fantastic. How I would love to see you do a Valiant battle remake.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Sweet image, yeah i get to use Phoenix at work on occasion, always fun when i do! It's quite the hard plugin to learn, at least for me