Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMy Sketches and Designs

JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
edited March 2017 in Work in Progress #1
I guess since I just made a new account here, I'll start by posting one of my designs. I have quite a few, which can be found here.

The Sparrow class is one of my favorite designs, and is intended to be a descendent of the Conventry/Surya-class Frigate, but based on the Peregrine class designed by Forbin.

She is also meant to be a smaller (about the size of a New Orleans's saucer section, more or less) sister to the Vesta class. However, she really doesn't share much stylistically. I wanted her to be purely my design, with my design elements.
Naming scheme: Names used by past Frigates and birds.
Sparrow-class Frigate.jpeg
Falken-class Heavy Frigate.jpeg
And a rather incomplete color attempt of the Falken-subclass Heavy Frigate. She's supposed to be a replacement for the Miranda class.
Naming scheme: Names used by past Heavy Frigates (not used in fanon/canon AFAIK) and predatory birds.

I imagine that the finalized design would have more of an off or pearl white hull. If there is one design I want done in 3D, it's this one, but I guess that will have to wait.

I honestly probably wouldn't be here if not for the fact that Madkoifish decided to stop posting on TrekBBS. I like commenting on and looking at his stuff. I know I've seen some other non-modelers here though. And given my laptop's propensity to crash, I'm not going to try it with my current computer.

I have a ton more stuff, but I'm going to have to find the time later to actually do it. In the meantime,I welcome comments, leave advice for refinements, etc.

I'll just leave it here for now, and maybe post one design per day. Like I said, I have a ton.
111214.jpeg
111215.jpeg
Post edited by JES on
Tagged:

• BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    A fellow analogger! Welcome aboard!

Digging the Falken design (a Wargames reference?) Has the feel of the TNG movie-era ships. I can't make out much of the Sparrow, but it looks to me a bit like the Akira style saucer with retractable warp nacelles... could they fold up/down or something like Voyager, to enhance their drive effect?
  • Startrek91481Startrek91481171 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the Falkin design
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    Welcome! I like the look you have going there.
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Looks great.
  • JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    A fellow analogger! Welcome aboard!

Digging the Falken design (a Wargames reference?) Has the feel of the TNG movie-era ships. I can't make out much of the Sparrow, but it looks to me a bit like the Akira style saucer with retractable warp nacelles... could they fold up/down or something like Voyager, to enhance their drive effect?

Don't even know what Wargames is. I was originally going to call her the Falcon class, but decided against it, since the name seems rather common in fanon.

Thank you!

Yeah, sorry the image isn't as big as I wanted it to come out as. I'll probably refine her one of these days (like a few more chapters in to my Star Trek/Wars fan fiction. So sooner rather than later), and there is also a diplomatic transport, SWACS, and Assault Frigate version I'd like to give visual form to.

As for her name, it comes from this Falken.

Yes, she has some raised hull sections flanking the bridge. I thought that Sean Tourangeau using that design on the Luna was a good idea, and most designs from after that period designed by me have it. Plus, it's fun refining that element to work better with the rest of the ship.

It's funny that you mentioned variable geometry nacelles, since that was the plan originally. But like what Eaves did with the Sovereign, I've decided against it. Besides, if she's ever modeled, there will be the Point Defense Phasers, Pulse Phaser and Torpedo Launchers to rig for animation.

Speaking of retractable geometry nacelles, there is this design I based off of the Ianar class.
    PostNemesisFastFrigateWIP.jpg

I will likely make many changes, such as giving her bulkier or built in Warp/Slipstream units, similar to the Delta Flyer, Defiant, or maybe Hammer designed by DonMeiklejohn (does he even come here?). Indeed, the only thing likely to stay is the Venture Star-like configuration of the original!

In fact, I didn't even realize how old she is! 2011?! Wow!!! And she will be getting small pulse phaser turrets, instead of forward facing units.

To Helot and psCargile: I am very well familiar with your work, which I hold in extremely high regard and have always enjoyed.

So while any complements means a lot to me, your praise means the universe to me.

It is my hope that you all will enjoy the work that I show in the future, both my older work that I will slowly introduce, as well as any newer work.
    111249.jpg
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Any updates on this ship?
  • bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice design - look forward to seeing it fleshed out
    SATR wrote: »
    Any updates on this ship?

No. Well, at least not yet. Like I said, I plan to completely flesh her out with many other designs for my fan fiction.
    bobafett wrote: »
    Nice design - look forward to seeing it fleshed out

Thank you! Long time no see, eh?

And yeah, I look forward to fleshing her out, and getting feedback as I go through the motions and all that!

In the meantime, it has been way too long since I posted something here.

Let me introduce you to the Supernova-class Battlecruiser:
    The Valkyrie class was originally meant to be an amalgamation of design elements from my favorite starship classes. As a result, she has a lot of Sovereign, Prometheus, and Nova class in her, plus maybe some fan design elements here and there, such as the Hayden class's thrusters. Of course, she is mean to be Slipstream Capable, and I will likely completely do her over with some Vesta or Meridian design elements, or something take will transcend her current Sovereign/Prometheus/Nova iteration. Final note: the Valkyrie was one of my first designs. Because I friend has decided to use Valkyrie as a class name for one of his designs, I'm changing the class name to Supernova.
    111298.jpg111299.jpg
    Bumping this thread with a quickie. The Innovation class, based on PS Cargile's latest sketch. Basically my take, with focus on (in my view) refining the flow of the engineering section and pylons.

Hope you don't mind Cargile!
    111435.jpg