Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DI-Type Fast Battleship

Morpheus2014Morpheus20140 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Hi there people.

I'm recently back into 3d modeling as my hobby after 3 year hiatus. My old forum name is Morpheus and this is my last post few years back http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?75947-B-type-Battleship&highlight=Morpheus

You can also check my deviantart page for random stuff http://morpheus2014.deviantart.com/gallery/

Anyway, this is my newest WIP, I-type Fast battleship. (Probably will renamed it Inquisitor class Battleship in the future).
wip-01.png
Just done with the forward hull paneling.
wip-02.png
Front profile, showing the artillery type particle cannons.
wip-03.png
Rear view, showing the heavy rail cannon to attack any pursuing ship or to finish off damaged ship on the attack run.

I hope you guys like it.

Comment and critics are welcomed.
111049.png
111050.png
111051.png
Post edited by Morpheus2014 on
Tagged:

• ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Welcome back, Morpheus. :) I myself tend to go 6-12 months without opening Max and then suddenly I feel the urge for a few days/weeks and then I run out of time again.

Really liking the silhouette man - very interesting design. Looking forward to watching the updates!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Welcome back. I like the design so far. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it. The modeling looks great so far. :thumb:
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    I can definitely hazard a guess as to what your inspiration was!

Looking good so far.
  • Morpheus2014Morpheus20140 Posts: 0Member
    Thx guys :)

@YIIMM

Well, my inspiration cames from:
    - My original Bishop battleship for the hull shapes
    - Deneb class Cruiser from Macross Frontier link
    - Galactic Empire High Speed Battleship from Legend of Galactic Heroes link
    - Cappuccino for my brain fuel :p click to refuel

Will update soon, working on the engine and reshaping the bridge/command tower thingy :argh:
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Thx guys :)

@YIIMM

Well, my inspiration cames from:
    - My original Bishop battleship for the hull shapes
    - Deneb class Cruiser from Macross Frontier link
    - Galactic Empire High Speed Battleship from Legend of Galactic Heroes link
    - Cappuccino for my brain fuel :p click to refuel

Will update soon, working on the engine and reshaping the bridge/command tower thingy :argh:
    Can most definitely see the Deneb class' influence, and in fact I initially thought you were doing a variant of the Macross hull (which isn't a bad thing by any stretch).

I also get the feeling you likely saw this in passing, and partially remembered it. Your engine layout, if not 'angled', and the forward/rear turrets immediately made at least me think of it.
  • Morpheus2014Morpheus20140 Posts: 0Member
    Made some additional paneling to the wing and stern section, but still need some clean up.

I've also added the engine thingy parts and an additional weapon in the wing section, some sort of plasma cannon turret. The command tower was modified into a shorter command bridge and also made three hangar opening on the bottom of the ship. :)

Next I will probably gonna work on paneling the engine pods and the central hull. :rolleyes: Or maybe rethinking the sub-weapon placements.
    111075.png111076.png111077.png111078.png