Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWelcome Your Space Brothers

uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2016 in Work in Progress #1
The time is 160,000BC
(Based on a true story)

It would seem that beginning in the days of the caveman Zan we were touched by the ability to look up into the sky and dream.

I've been on a UFO kick lately. I just love the mystery and otherworldiness of the whole phenomena. One of my all time favorite UFO related groups is the UNARIUS Academy of Science. This groups is just so cool. And they are the inspiration for my latest cgi endeavor. Back in the 70's UNARIUS produced a film entitled "The Arrival." It featured the caveman Zan and the entities that visited him and taught him of his past lives. I haven't actually seen the entire film yet but I have it on order from UNARIUS. You can find clips of it on youtube. Just search "unarius el cajon" to find a good clip.

Anyway what I love about this ship is the sheer gaudiness of it all. The sparkles and garish color schemes are enough to burn your retinas. But yet, there's something endearing about it. That is why I've picked it. I plan on doing the exterior as well as the interior.

So far I've just done some basic blocking in and working on getting the proportions right.

render1_zpsyu8wrsdq.png

render2_zpsdfecjq8j.png

render3_zpssevryqf3.png
110605.jpg
Post edited by uniderth on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice start on the UFO. The old flying saucers are always a fun subject matter.
    uniderth wrote: »
    The time is 160,000BC
    (Based on a true story)

That's when you know right away it's going to be a good one. :lol:
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    So far, so good. I like the idea of the landing legs being almost transparent; it kind of harkens to the tripod walkers in the 1960s War of the World movies where their legs were there, they just couldn't be seen very well.

160,000 BC! I could only imagine what this species technology would look like today.
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    I had to remake the saucer about five times before it finally came out right.

I added the upper level and some lights/(windows?) as well as increased the number of domes on the edge from sixteen to eighteen. There are some ring shapes where each leg retracts into the craft.

render4_zpsutife7fs.png

render5_zpsgr17tzte.png
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    I've gotten the leg shape pretty much how I want it. There is a sort of sparkly glow then descends down the legs. I'm working on getting the edge lights to working. You'll notice one looks brighter than the rest. The color is too green; but it just temporary for what I'm calling Blue Mode(yes, so original). I might end up giving it a slight emission so that it glows a bit.

And yes the blurriness is a bit over the top in some areas.

render6_zpstgingdnk.png

render7_zpsrcycyzum.png

Here's a screen cap of the ship in Blue Mode.
    bluemode_zpsfcajzmx2.png
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking great. I really like the material on the legs. :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Playful.