Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DProject Discovery: Sci-fi Film - IXS Enterprise/IV-202 Explorer

tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Hey all,

Many of you may remember my very long thread about Star Trek - Horizon, the Enterprise-era fan film I created, wherein I showed the progress over time on the modeling of the ship and various virtual sets. I've finished that film and you can find it here:

I'm at it again, I've moved onto an original movie called Project Discovery. It's a feature length science fiction space epic that tells the story of a group of scientists and engineers uniting people all over the world in a common effort: taking humanity to space. The year is 2060, much of the world is caught up in unrest. Focused more on solving the problems we have on our home planet, people have given up on the notion of travel to the stars. Then, a multicultural group of scientists and engineers is able to captivate the world once again with a daunting plan: launching humanity's first faster-than-light spacecraft: The IV-202 Explorer.

For our main ship in this film, I licensed the design of the IXS Enterprise from Mark Rademaker, the incredibly talented artist who created the ship and received much recognition for his fantastic work. He even sent me his 3DS Max file, but it's quite unusable for film needs. It's insanely high resolution: 89 million polygons, and has over 200 individual texture files.

So, I set out on another adventure: I'm modeling and texturing the ship myself based on his design. Hope you all enjoy the thread and the work so far!

wip_01.jpg wip_02.jpg texture_wip_01.jpg
wip_03.jpg wip_04.jpg texture_wip_02.jpg

Thanks so much, would love all your feedback!
110586.jpg
110587.jpg
110588.jpg
110589.jpg
110590.jpg
110591.jpg
Post edited by tommygdawg on
Tagged:

• ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Nice start.

I've noticed you "Undoomed" the opening narration for your film -- very nice. I really like his voice.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, I'll watch this with great interest. In fact this design was one of the major influences and references I used when coming up with my own FTL shuttle design. Good luck with this, your previous movie work was great stuff.

:thumb:
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    ST-One wrote: »
    Nice start.

I've noticed you "Undoomed" the opening narration for your film -- very nice. I really like his voice.

I'm not sure what you mean by that?
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Nice, I'll watch this with great interest. In fact this design was one of the major influences and references I used when coming up with my own FTL shuttle design. Good luck with this, your previous movie work was great stuff.

:thumb:

Thanks, Talon! Glad to know you've liked my work and continue to :)
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    tommygdawg wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by that?

Edit: Never mind.
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    texture_wip_04.jpg

Another update on textures!
    110593.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Whoa! Simply amazing!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB