Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRecreating the NX-01

1131415161719»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    It looks really awesome. Great work by everyone involved.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome. Loving the weapon on shield impact effects, some seriously impressive looking special effects work there. So glad Winter is coming. Oops, wrong franchise.

:p

:thumb:
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Awesome. Loving the weapon on shield impact effects, some seriously impressive looking special effects work there. So glad Winter is coming. Oops, wrong franchise.

:p

Haha, touche!

Thanks all for the kind words, really glad you all are liking it :)
  • Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    tommygdawg wrote: »
    Haha, touche!

Thanks all for the kind words, really glad you all are liking it :)

Did you use VCP ShockWave or create the effects using the purely in-AE tutorial from VCP for the shield effects?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Just saw the trailer, the NX never looked so amazing!
    Hello, everyone!

I think this thread was my earliest "blog" of sorts for Horizon. This was the first place I was posting updates on my modeling and texturing progress, and I'm here for one final update. The film is done! Just released this weekend. It's been a long road getting from there to here. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it if you get a chance!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Congrats on the completion of your film! Will try to watch it tonight when I get home from work.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Watched it when it came out. Loved it. The blooms may have been a little over done, but other than that the visuals were great. The acting was up there as well and the story was tight. My only point of contention was featuring the Enterprise as it felt a little forced. I feel it may have worked better had you put another NX class there and interacted with the captain on that ship a little.

Overall, great fan film and I hope you do another sometime.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    ok i'll preface what i'm about to say with i've only watched the first 20 mins so far.. problem is its loosing its grip on me already

the editing, camera work, the vfx and the overall production quality was great - professional even - but i dont know the dialogue didn't feel entirely natural, and sometimes it felt a bit forced with the actors being wooden - the ship was falling apart around them but i never got a hint of fear from any of them and like vortex said i also thought the enterprise scene was forced too

now back to what i said earlier i've only seen first 20 mins so i could be wrong about this but immediately i'm getting strong zindi arc retread vibe - aliens building super weapon to destroy earth on instructions from aliens in the future - the romulan war presents so many opportunities for new stories that retelling one of the, lets face it less popular story arcs from the series, seems questionable

so think my personal position on this is that it looks great but is let down by poor dialogue and acting - sorry if that seems harsh but felt i should be honest and you can ignore me easily anyway because my opinion has no value to anyone other than me :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    I'll pencil that in for tonight, I already added it to my "Watch Later" list. Right now, there's sun streaming in the window and I prefer to watch stuff like this when it's dark.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent, I knew there was someone we hadn't heard from in a while. Used to look forward to your once regular updates, and will certainly be checking out your finished product. Really looking forward to it, might break out the popcorn. Well done on completing this not insignificant task. Congrats.

• Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    Well, as you know Tommy, I absolutely loved the movie, just watched it again earlier. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! :)