Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwars - "I'll out maneuver them!"

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2016 in Finished Work #1
Hi,

Well this is where I got with this shot before frustratingly I lost a working drive (which hadn't been backed up for a month). So I lost all the 3d assets and psd files. So I am in the process of trying to recover data from this drive, so hopefully will be able to continue with this image and post an update. In the meantime, here is where I was at before the rug was pulled from under my feet :(

Wiz.
110219.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your 3D files. That always sucks. Hopefully, you can recover at least most of what you had.

The picture looks nice. The weapon strike on the bottom of the Falcon looks a bit odd to me, I guess the TIE laser is kind of glancing off the hull plating? I also find it a bit odd that, given the space between the TIE's guns, the thickness of the Falcon and that the TIE is only slightly rotated in relation to the Falcon, that one of the TIE's laser blasts is going to go over top of the Falcon and the other is going to go underneath. Presumably, the TIE's weapons shoot straight ahead. We've never been given any indication that they can fire at different angles, much like the fixed guns on fighter planes. Anyway, those are my observations. I know you have more important things to worry about right now.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    that capital ship looks really nice..on the Flash- would lose the yellow myself, and use bright white/green, with 2 dithering shades of less bright green.
    -not sure what your using to make it.the bright green flash with a lot of breaks/points.
    I apologize, I do not usually add or crit or suggest on any one's work.I just thought I would say it.

and I sincerely know what it is like to lose a lot of material and scenes and saves,
    to an event such as yours.
    be at peace with it....cause is not a thing any one can do. It's gone.

it sucks.I know.It's happened to me so many times since computers were invented...:D

Regards,
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys, all valid points, although to note I have based this shot loosely on this old promo image which didn't really care for accuracy ;) But there were things I was going to revisit (angles, blast points etc.) to make it less of a diversion from the reality of the films.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/9f/0f/d09f0fbc1fc8ae2ceb07decbe5b2bf62.jpg

Hoping to hear some good news today from the recovery company (especially as there was client work assets on there as well)!

Thanks again,

Wiz.