Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPhoenix Superiority fighter

athelasathelas0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all its been a while since I posted something here but I am working on a new project now that I want to show. it is a fighter with a Star trek theme. hope you like it.

phoenix_fighter_014_by_ufpelessar-d8pg3ac.png
phoenix_fighter_015_by_ufpelessar-d8pg3b0.png
phoenix_fighter_016_by_ufpelessar-d8pg3bu.png
phoenix_fighter_017_by_ufpelessar-d8pg3cr.png
phoenix_fighter_018_by_ufpelessar-d8pg3dk.png
108603.jpg
Post edited by athelas on
Tagged:

• YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice concept, really like the shape, has a lot of pretty angles, and the nacelles with the integrated guns and the big impuls thrusters - all very sound, maybe these nacelles would look more harmonic angled with the wings, just for a try

there arent a lot of trek fighters concepts out there yet, this is definitly a good take on it, great work :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Intrigiung concept, I like it.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Intrigiung concept, I like it.

Front half reminds me of the V shuttlepod
  • athelasathelas0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi all it has been a while since I posted an update due to personal things bus still here is a small update hope you like it.

phoenix_fighter_019_by_ufpelessar-d96tkxe.png
    phoenix_fighter_020_by_ufpelessar-d96tkxq.png
    phoenix_fighter_021_by_ufpelessar-d96tkxy.png

This last one is a idea I am playing with. instead of having warp nacell pods I was thinking the fighter could have an arce instead.
    phoenix_fighter_022_by_ufpelessar-d97kb58.png

feel free to let me know what you think.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    I like it, especially the version without the roll bar. It looks like a cross between a stealth aircraft and shuttle. :)
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Nacelles aside, it doesn't feel very trek-y to me, far less Fed. It's a nice model, just doesn't fit for me.

But, it's not my model! :D

That said, I actually prefer the roll-bar version. The other one is almost too sleek. It looks a bit too plausible and, say what you will about Trek, their ships are always more Rule Of Cool (with assorted technobabble to explain why the RoC works by their physics) than engineeringly (is that a word??!?) plausible.
    Saquist wrote: »
    Front half reminds me of the V shuttlepod
    So? Doesn't change my opintion...
    Hi all its been a while since I have posted here. have worked on a new little fighter

feel free to tell me what you like or dislike about it :P

Enjoy

fighter_persp_by_ufpelessar-d9mzqvr.png
    fighter_persp2_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq8b.png
    fighter_top_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq9u.png
    fighter_side_top_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq8w.png
    fighter_side_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq9c.png
    fighter_front_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq7k.png
    fighter_aft_by_ufpelessar-d9mzq7a.png
    Now it's also departing Trek for my point of view. Still has some similarities (nacelles), but that's about done....
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    It still looks Trek like to me, the smooth sleek lines still feel like quite a Trek/Federation style aesthetic. Though with the roll-bar now taking on a warp grille is that? It does seem to be taking a bit of a departure from what we understand the look of warp nacelle technology to look like, I guess you might be going for the look of some new advanced warp tech that the Federation might be experimenting on or something. Still I quite like it, the shape definitely works, it is only really the new warp engine config you have going on there which is making it look slightly un-Trek like in my own opinion.
    Well the thought behind this is that it is a fighter built around 2550 and is a prototype fighter using a engien core based from the quantum slipstream technology that voyager tested in the delta quadrant. so I decided to try some new designs on the nacell to accomidate that engien configuration.