Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEarly Ascension class design

bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2015 in Work in Progress #1
I do not know how many of you know about a certain web series called Star Trek: Phoenix; but a few years ago I was tasked with creating ships for the series. The main ship I was in charge of doing was the actual hero ship which was called the Phoenix. It was meant to be a part of a new class of ship called the Ascension class and it is a hybrid of both Romulan and Federation design.

I eventually departed from the production and another person designed the ship that they use for the series. I did ask the creator of the show, Leo Roberts, if I could keep the design and he had no problem with it. After all these years I plan on re-doing it because like my other ship, the Enterprise J, it just does not feel right to not complete it.

Feel free to take a look.

PhoenixA6.jpg

PhoenixA7.jpg

PhoenixA8.jpg

PhoenixA9.jpg

Before I get started on this, I wanted to get some opinions on the design and some ideas on what I could change. I changed the model during pre-production several times so I am not completely attached to it's current state so anything can be changed. I just would like to see it finished.
109883.jpg
109884.jpg
109885.jpg
109886.jpg
Post edited by bbelt on
Tagged:

• Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Dead Links
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Weird, the images show up on all of my computers. I went ahead and just uploaded the images here and hopefully everyone should be able to see them now.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Links work fine here. Nice job!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    Very nice work. I look forward to seeing where you take the design.

I'm familiar with Phoenix, or at least I saw their first episode they were trying to sell to Paramount. I thought it was good, very professional looking. Too bad they didn't use your model, but those sort of things happen.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Links also work for me.....

Can't really say I like the design, but oh well.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    reminds me a little on the Falkirk-Class on the former USSMiranda-homepage
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy cow kuckuk, you are right. I never seen that vessel before and there are quite a few similarities.