Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPrologic 9's Enterprise D. New Mapping and Textures WIP

eclipse74569eclipse74569171 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2015 in Work in Progress #1
**Please Read this paragraph first** I realize there are already textures and maps for this model provided by J Money, and as much as I appreciate them, I feel there are too many textures for one model. Nothing personal, I do like the work he's provided, I'm just a fan of as little maps as possible.

So a few weeks ago, I started the task of mapping Prologic 9's Enterprise D to my own specifications (So far I've gotten the top saucer finished), and have began texturing. I'm working on the diffuse textures first, then I'll work on speculars. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! And I do plan on smoothing the shuttlebay/bridge area a bit more. I'm also basing my textures loosely on how she was seen in Generations. (All of these textures are being made from scratch)

Also please disregard the Aztecs on the saucer, I'm focused right now on the bridge and Shuttlebay and plan on drawing them. The ones you see are placeholders until I get to it

Here's a pic so it did happen!
109820.JPG
Post edited by eclipse74569 on
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    That looks really nice and smooth. I actually like the Aztecs, too.
  • eclipse74569eclipse74569171 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks. Only reason they're a placeholder is because it was a way to align my mapping. I used J Money's Aztec for the top saucer, as I was originally going re-texture his. I'm going to make it more like the Enterprise seen at Christie's Auction. And these will be released to the public per Prologic's instructions.

I'm even considering mapping an ID map for her so I can get rid of some polys.
  • Beda of BorgBeda of Borg0 Posts: 0Member
    Because there were no Textures available for the Model on releasedate, i've also done some Mappings by myself.
    Just take a look. I "painted" all by Hand, in PS ... this took me some hours ... infact, a lot hours ... ^^

ahjo2.jpg
    Aztec Test.jpg
    109846.jpg109847.jpg
  • eclipse74569eclipse74569171 Posts: 0Member
    Not bad!

Yeah, I realize that there weren't at the time of release. I was just making the statement that I will be releasing my textures and maps. This is proving very tedious lol I've finished the bridge, and am working on the shuttle bay. I will be making new Aztecs from scratch, as I said earlier, the ones on the model now are a placeholder until I get started on them.
    109851.JPG