Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFuturistic Trek Ship

SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
edited November 2015 in Work in Progress #1
I don't know if any of you remember James Midsen but he was doing some 2D work a ways back and I was trying to help him develop some stuff. During that process I came up with this:

concept_wip001.jpg
concept_wip002.jpg
concept_wip003.jpg
concept_wip004.jpg

It was supposed to be the base for a Trek ship in the 25th century and I figured I'd throw the idea in Max and go from there. I don't know if I'll work on this much more, but I wanted to get an idea for how y'all feel about it. I'm also considering making this some sort of original universe ship because the layout seems like it might be flexible in that regard.
109729.jpg
109730.jpg
109731.jpg
109732.jpg
Post edited by Schimpfy on
Tagged:

• Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    I'd watch this get built. It has lots of promise.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804598 Posts: 11,184Member
    I like it. You could definitely go Trek or original universe with it.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks cool, looking forward to seeing progress on this design.

:thumb:

Though I had to have a chuckle at your thread title. Saying 'Futuristic Trek Ship' (though I know what you meant now on seeing the asset and context) is almost the equivalent of saying 'Waterproof boat'.

:lol:
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    Definitely interesting that I come on here after quite some time to find that my ideas have impact.

Schimpfy, If you'd like I can see what the latest design sketches and drawings are for the Severus, and any of the other vessels in that fleet. It's kind of funny that you bring up the idea of possibly taking that concept off the trek rails, because that's actually the direction I'm starting to head with myself, to break free of the reins of trek, and start putting my concepts into a separate universe, making them easier to write for.

But hey, I too would love to watch this get built and fleshed out.
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    I quite like this design, it has so much potential.
    It could be a sleek exploration vessel, or put a few more sharp angles on there to give it a more menacing look. Maybe even be a support ship for the USS Vengeance. Oooooh hang on...

What if I...

Just a quick question, who do I ask for permission if I want to do my own version of this ship???
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Psychyo wrote: »
    I quite like this design, it has so much potential.

Thanks. :)
    Psychyo wrote: »
    Just a quick question, who do I ask for permission if I want to do my own version of this ship???

The polite thing to do would be to ask the person who made the original...so me. :p Go for it if you want to try your hand at something. :)
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Nice, can't wait to see more.