Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwars - Slave 1 (WIP)

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hmmm, struggling with this shot of the Slave 1 (a classic model ((which really needs no introduction, but here's one anyway ) by an old friend Arild Wiro).

Something about the shots just doesnt do it for me, not sure what; what's wrong - over saturation, the ship being on its own, needs some lasers, or maybe in the films we never see the Slave 1 on its own, the fact its always in a busy scene - what what what!?

Maybe its fine and the wine is affecting my judgement lol, I'm open to feedback (as ever :)))

Cheers,

Wiz.
109635.jpg
109636.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I'd say the wine is affecting your ability to attach pics...? :shiner:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    I have no idea what you are talking about (hic!) ;)
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    think the problem is the framing of the shots
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Yeah i think its just slapped in the middle, no sense of why and no real dynamism. Have some other ships chasing it, couple of TIE fighters, X-Wings or Millennium Falcon. Maybe a back view with the engine glow in it. Slave One was my favourite after the MF
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I actually like them, though I think the first one (the one where we see Slave 1 almost head on) looks almost like it's waiting for movie-poster style text to be added. That empty space around it looks purposeful...

Rather than add extra ships, you could consider adding some sort of environmental interest- say a Tibanna gas station (or similar- I'm assuming from the lighting colours that you're going for a Bespin feel, but I could be wrong) or even spires from Cloud City? I'd possibly also rein in the blur ever so slightly on the second image (the quasi-profile shot). They're also both quite tightly cropped, and I can't remember seeing a scene in the films where we saw Slave 1 like that, so this could be influencing your view as well.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, very helpful :)

And yeah going for a Bespin feel, like the chase idea but going for a different take on that, using a shot from Empire.
    Still loads to do, keep the feedback coming :)

Thanks again :)
    109639.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's an awesome model. :D
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Hmmm, struggling with this shot of the Slave 1 (a classic model ((which really needs no introduction, but here's one anyway ) by an old friend Arild Wiro).

Something about the shots just doesnt do it for me, not sure what; what's wrong - over saturation, the ship being on its own, needs some lasers, or maybe in the films we never see the Slave 1 on its own, the fact its always in a busy scene - what what what!?

Maybe its fine and the wine is affecting my judgement lol, I'm open to feedback (as ever :)))

Cheers,

Wiz.

Saw this in the finished forum, and love your end result. And it is Wiro's old model? I didn't realise, even more awesome. How's that dude doing?

Great stuff.

:thumb:

Looking at these WIP shots brings fond memories of my physical build of this model way back when, and all the work that went into the weathering of that thing, probably looks like crap now if I managed to dig it up (In Mum's loft somewhere I assume), but I remember spending ages trying to get that grey paint splatter on the left green drum shaped bit next the the cockpit just right. Ahhh, happy memories.

:D