Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMillenium Falcon

13»

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Damn, that Falcon research and work on that site is awesome, and he's 3D printing it too? Love the work they've done so far. That is some definitive research work that has been done there, especially for the cockpit.

:thumb:

here is another great thread for the ANH 5footer:

http://www.therpf.com/f10/sw-anh-5-foot-studio-scale-millennium-falcon-build-199048/

its soo awesome! Many information of the 5footer there.

Chris
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent stuff, when I skimmed that last one I was wondering what they were going on about with the talk of the Mclaren chasis, but this one puts it all into specific context highlighting where the part is used. Damn all this Falcon love is tempting me to start a complex Falcon build of my own, no time to take that on right now though, but with all this comprehensive ref out there it is tempting, perhaps I'll have a crack at it once I have enough parts through the magazine physical version to start using that as tangible reference.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thanks for the links Chris. I missed the one at RPF, but have downloaded his blueprints to compare to my model since he is doing the 5 foot model from ANH. Still boggles my mind how he is able to map his prints to the video clips, but it sure seems to confirm they are accurate. I will try to do the comparison on my lunch and hope I am not too far off. The blueprints that I did use are from Alain Rivard and Chris Traves. I understood that they were about the best there was at the time I started the model.
    I don't know the blueprints Alain and Chris did. Alains Falcon was the first one which had very much details. But I'm sorry to say that his one is a hybrid made from parts from the 32" and the 5footer. But look his model is about 5-10 years old when I remember right.

I started a Falcon too long ago and she looks great ... but I made an error I have used Maruskas 32" blueprints for a 5footer and some parts didn't work on it.

Since Andre and Maruska are working together on an accurate blueprint for the 5footer I'm waiting here like a 'lil boy to get it into my hands LOL

Meanwhile I've started a 32" Falcon because you have much more information for it like what kitparts they have used for it and so on :)

I don't wanted to hijack your thread ... you are doing a great job!

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Based on the 5 foot plans Maruska and Andre did over at the RPF, my Falcon looks pretty much bang on from the top. The cockpit and walkway are a bit off, but that should be easy enough to modify. From the side, a lot of the model is fairly close. The main problem is needing a bit more curvature and height to the saucer hull and the cockpit and walkway are mounted a bit too high. Slight adjustments are needed on the mandibles as well. If it weren't for the fact that their 3D model lined up so well in their video comparisons, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I am going to have to think on this and determine if I want to re-do those parts again or just continue on. Those innaccuracies are going to bother me if I leave them though. Think I am going to take HAL 9000's advice and take a stress pill.:argh:

And you weren't hijacking the thread. I want to have things like this pointed out to me by another set of eyes.
    I've started making some changes to better reflect the 5 foot Millennium Falcon model and would appreciate any opinions as to what is good or what still needs to be tweaked. Can't hurt my feelings... :D Anyway, I want to make sure that I am on the right track before I make the changes final and retrofit the other parts to fit.

mf_0002-2.jpg

mf_0001-1.jpg

mf_0003-1.jpg
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Several years ago I was attempting to create credible deck plans using interior shots from the movie, interior set blueprints that showed 9' diameter hallways, and the 173 cm model. My goal was to ignore the many different scales of the Falcon and the previous published and contradictory deck plans, and develop a deck plan that would make sense if the Falcon was a real craft. I found that scaling the diameter to 92' solved some issues, and the scale was arrived at by trial-and-error.

Here is some of that work as presented at a Facebook group dedicated to SW RPGing.
    https://www.facebook.com/168372163249889/photos/a.218973324856439.55183.168372163249889/218973604856411/?type=3&theater

It illustrates that there are so many different interpretations of the Falcon dependent on the modeler's personal goals.
    Awesome, I think I'd best grab a copy of those bad boys.

:thumb:
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    I've started making some changes to better reflect the 5 foot Millennium Falcon model and would appreciate any opinions as to what is good or what still needs to be tweaked. Can't hurt my feelings... :D Anyway, I want to make sure that I am on the right track before I make the changes final and retrofit the other parts to fit.
    Hard to be overly precise from those pics, but a quick and dirty overlay of the latest blueprints from the RPF thread would suggest your dimensions are still a bit off.
    Hey, thanks DCB. I will look into it again, but unless it is a lot off the mark, I will probably go with what I have. I just finished re-doing the parts that had already been created to match the new saucer profile, mandibles and cockpit walkway. Do you have a link to the blueprints you were using?
    Hey, thanks DCB. I will look into it again, but unless it is a lot off the mark, I will probably go with what I have. I just finished re-doing the parts that had already been created to match the new saucer profile, mandibles and cockpit walkway. Do you have a link to the blueprints you were using?

see post #69 ;)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=199048&page=16&p=3556837&viewfull=1#post3556837
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,403Member
    Hi Al,
    i have a object from the Milenium Falcon Cockpit console and from the Sidewalls.
    Here are the pictures.
    Greetings
    trekki
    trekki wrote: »
    Hi Al,
    i have a object from the Milenium Falcon Cockpit console and from the Sidewalls.
    Here are the pictures.
    Greetings
    trekki

you should give credit to the original modeler of these parts:

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-cockpit-sidewalls-full-detail-1

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-cockpit-console-dashbaord-full-detail

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-captain-s-chair

https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-cockpit-nav-seat

Joshua is a great guy without his help the 5footer blueprinst never be done so he deserves credit to his parts
    Thanks everyone. I have seen Joshua's pictures before. They are absolutely brilliant. I am thinking of using them as reference when it comes to the interior of the cockpit. I found another site that had free downloads of the cockpit walls for making paper models. They were pretty good head on images of each panel or section. Very cool stuff. And I will definitely download the revised blueprints when I get home tonight and do a comparison with my Falcon again and pray things aren't too far off the mark!
    Well, it has been quite a while since I worked on the Falcon. Decided to get back to it after a miserable attempt at doing the Moonbus from 2001 A Space Odyssey. Anyway, I've got the greeblies done on the long side of the cockpit walkway. Will be moving on to the front portion of the cockpit walkway next.

mf__1.jpg

mf_0001_1.jpg
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,403Member
    Oh sorry, i have forget.
    The Cockpit org. Object by Joshua Maruska.

Tralfaz
    where have you been so long?
    super mesh, I hope I see more soon.
    trekki
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looking great. Really nice detailing.
    Thanks everyone.

Did a bit more on the Falcon. Have the panels completed on the walkway and have started working on the rest of the greeblies. Takes a while to figure out all of the shapes for the greeblies and pipes from the different pictures, but slowly getting there.

mf_0002a.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    So you've decided to go with the version of the console that has no control yokes? Interesting.
    Little update. Have most of the modeling completed on the walkway. Hope to have that finished up in the next day or two and then on to the cockpit exterior. The cockpit interior will happen but probably much later.

mf_0003_1.jpg
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Very nice indeed, lots of detail. Look forward to seeing more work and screen shots.
    Little update. Have most of the modeling completed on the walkway. Hope to have that finished up in the next day or two and then on to the cockpit exterior. The cockpit interior will happen but probably much later.

mf_0003_1.jpg

I sure hope you've been keeping track of this Tralfaz, while the exhibition piece of the entire Falcon doesn't necessarily look wholly accurate, that cockpit diorama looks like an embarrassing wealth of excellent reference, well worth checking out.

Thanks Talon_UK, I have seen this. Pretty amazing building a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon. They have the look of it, but not really very accurate though. I'm not knocking it, kudos to whoever built it. There is a fellow over on the RPF who is building a 1/6 scale Falcon cockpit. He's 3D printing some and scratch building other parts.
    Yeah, the whole Falcon exhibit doesn't look too accurate, but that cockpit piece looks pretty spot on.