Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Buggy - Tank Work in Progress.

BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
Hi everyone, I am back I've started another project. I have signed up at digital tutors and purchased a paid membership there so I can really learn to model and do all the goodie stuff like you guys can.

Anyways I am following 2 tutorials to make this little bad boy. Please tell me what y'all think?

Day #1
remodelingshot1.jpg

Day #2 The Yoke and interior.
cockpitshot.jpg

Day #3 The antenna system.
Tankalmostdone.jpg

Day #4 The interior shot.
Cockpit.jpg

Day #5 The details. And test material.
sideshot.jpg

Day $6 Switched it to a buggy.
98done..jpg

Day #7 Added more detail and sub frame petrol tank
98done1..jpg

",BBCode"
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking really sweet so far. At first, I thought you had a bunch of smoothing errors, until I realized those are reflections. ;)

I like it better with the buggy wheels than with the tank wheels. That was a good call.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    That is pretty shiny. Looks like the tutorial is worth going through.

I'll just be contrarian and say I like the tracks better! It gives it a more robust profile.
  • BigDBigD0 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you guys.

Armondikov, Yes sir its really worth the look into.
    Hey Y'all, I am just about done as far as the modeling goes.

All I have to do is the winch and the shock connectors.

98done2..jpg

98done3..jpg
    Very nice. It has a great near future Sci-Fi look to it. :)
    Very nice. It has a great near future Sci-Fi look to it. :)
    Thanks bro, I was hoping you guys would pick up on that!
    Yeah, I could see something like this roaming around on Mars, if we ever get there. :)
    Me too, Or could be used in a cartoon which is my plans for the beast...

By the way as a funny joke I might model a gun rack and put a rifle in the back and fuzzy dice over the rear view mirror lol!
    That would be funny. :D
    Fuzzy dice! I knew there was something I meant to add somewhere...

Can you put up a wireframe? I'm curious as to the method you've taken for the panelling on the side.
    No problemo Armond, I used an inner extrude and an extrude.

Wire framed.
    Wireframe..jpg

Just playing with the texturing job.
    98done4..jpg
    As far as the main modeling is done, Its 100% completed.

Completed..jpg

Now the true fun starts the animation of it.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann635 Posts: 1,290Member
    Cool. Reminds me of a neat remote control car, I want to see the sweet remote that goes with it.
    Cool. Reminds me of a neat remote control car, I want to see the sweet remote that goes with it.
    Thanks man, That's not the route I will be tanking.

Its going to be the star of a cartoon I want to make.
    The thing I was wondering was that it looks like those bevelled panels and windows are there less because they're where you want, and more because of the polygons you were lumbered with from the basic shape - you can see how they're slightly unevenly spaced and sized, for instance. It's certainly a quick-and-easy solution to adding panels and details, but the results never look brilliant. I spent a long time in that habit, so I think it's best to break it early. So, If you're in a mood to develop and push yourself, I'd suggest going back over that and trying a completely different panelling design, one that's less reliant on the polygons from the basic shape. You can stencil them, or box model them, or a hundred-and-one techniques, just try not to limit yourself to merely extruding what you've got. Cut and slice a different design before you extrude, or perhaps do the (sometimes more useful) method of not bevelling the panels out but bevelling the gaps in. I think it would be a very worthwhile exercise.
    Armondikov wrote: »
    The thing I was wondering was that it looks like those bevelled panels and windows are there less because they're where you want, and more because of the polygons you were lumbered with from the basic shape - you can see how they're slightly unevenly spaced and sized, for instance. It's certainly a quick-and-easy solution to adding panels and details, but the results never look brilliant. I spent a long time in that habit, so I think it's best to break it early. So, If you're in a mood to develop and push yourself, I'd suggest going back over that and trying a completely different panelling design, one that's less reliant on the polygons from the basic shape. You can stencil them, or box model them, or a hundred-and-one techniques, just try not to limit yourself to merely extruding what you've got. Cut and slice a different design before you extrude, or perhaps do the (sometimes more useful) method of not bevelling the panels out but bevelling the gaps in. I think it would be a very worthwhile exercise.
    Thanks bro I could remodel the buggy at least the main body part as of right now I want the paneling look.