This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.
For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.
Over in Japetus' Clavius moon base thread, I had mentioned about how I had created different 3D models from 2001 A Space Odyssey. When I started looking for them, the Moonbus was nowhere to be found. Turned out that I had made it in Animation:Master, which is a patch modeling software and not polygon based. Tried exporting to OBJ, but didn't have much success.
So, started tracking down reference images and doing the model again in Cinema 4D. One area that has always been a problem for me is modeling compound curves and it was no different with this model. I spent almost 3 days trying to get the front of the Moonbus to look right and match the blueprints. It's one of those things that looks like it shouldn't be all that hard, but really stumps me. The rest of the model should be relatively straight forward (I hope).