Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DConcept Scrapyard

YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hallo,
a concept scrapyard for dumping concepts that didnt work out or werent finish

starting with some old models from my beginnings in modeling

Warthog Class, small craft augmented with borg technology
Warthog class2res.jpg

F.S.S. New Berlin, ballsy science ship :D
berlin1res.jpg

unnamed bug-like ship, couldnt make the pylons work and didnt like the nacelles
beetleres.jpg

ill post some more bits going through my old files, if you too have pieces that you think go nowhere or you cant make work and want to share - maybe somebody else has ideas to fix it or can use it for inspiration
108486.jpg
108487.jpg
108488.jpg
Post edited by Ygg on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804616 Posts: 11,188Member
    I like the first one. It kind of reminds me of the bad guys' ship in Galaxy Quest, or at least what that ship would look like as a Federation starship.
  • YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the first one. It kind of reminds me of the bad guys' ship in Galaxy Quest, or at least what that ship would look like as a Federation starship.
    didnt have that one on the radar but thats totally true, maybe ill use this for a refit, i really like that alien ship too, if i ever work this one out ill name one fss sarris :D
    an old concept i couldnt work out, i think the saucer shape has some potential but i cant make the sec-hull work and the nacelles are not quite right
    534cres.jpg
    108493.jpg
    Yeah, the saucer could definitely be worked with. I'm thinking, with the chunkiness of the design, maybe integrated nacelles would work better than ones on pylons. Just a thought.
    hmm that is an idea, maybe integrated bottom up ones in ones in those arches at the bottom back of the main, ill keep trying

oh btw, ill make the meshes available if anybody else feels like having a try with it
    old attempt at an oberth refit
    oberth refit 3.jpg
    108495.jpg
    Interesting. It's kind of Oberth meets Defiant.
    yeah that was part of it, always wanted a new version of the oberth but its hard to live up to the original, afaik there are only one or two decent tries, someone here made an oberth excelsior cross that looked good
    I really like both of medjai's models that are updated versions of the Oberth.
    oh didnt have these on the radar, wow they are mindblowing indeed, he really perfected these, but they stick very close to the original, i thought more of a complete reinterpretation of the layout, but they are a great updated version no doubt
    Ironically, if I remember correctly, his first version started out as a canon Oberth. However, he wanted to improve some things, and he wound up creating a whole new successor to the class.
    ah, yup, thats what it looks like, only redesign ive found is this
    http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb7k2g&s=7#.VSGqN5NU1tM
    dont know who made this, not bad but i think its still an open design challenge with some good potential
    first quick shot at an oberth remake, only the basic layout
    oberth refit 4 res.jpg
    108529.jpg
    more detail and new nacelles, do these work?
    Untitled-1.jpg
    108533.jpg
    Actually, I like the nacelles. The small saucer and spindly pylons don't do a lot for me, though.
    Actually, I like the nacelles. The small saucer and spindly pylons don't do a lot for me, though.

yeah the pylons are indeed too spindly, tried to beef them up, not sure what to do with the sec hull so ill leave it at this for now, maybe not viable yet but i think i can use it for future concepts

Untitled-2.jpg
    108540.jpg
    trying to make one of the old concepts work, just a quick draft

concept555 res.jpg
    108584.jpg108585.jpg
    little more detail
    concept555b res.jpg
    108595.jpg