Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= The Trek Project =-

12346»

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9921 Posts: 5,337Member
    Necky bits.
    cruiser-140.jpg?w=600

cruiser-141.jpg?w=600
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Nice to see something other than Federation vessels being modeled!
    Loving the lines on this.
  • xumucanexumucane0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah those panel lines are really great!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, loving the way this is developing, wasn't so entirely sold on it at first, but it has really come on leaps and bounds, coming together very nicely.

:thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Heat dumps for the weapons systems or something. They are leftovers really from when I wanted to create a stacked layered head but the ships size did not allow for me to do what I had originally wanted to so I had to make the split deck much smaller and not as deep into the head shape. I have considered closing off that area and doing massive heatsinks in a shallower recess there instead.

Probably a good idea. This way, they look like extra impulse engines.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Probably a good idea. This way, they look like extra impulse engines.

If I remember correctly, according to that "canon" source Star Fleet Battles (yeah, yeah, I know), some Klingon ships were designed with the neck and bridge module able to detach just like the Fed saucer sections. They couldn't RE-attach, but they could break free if necessary. So, in that case "spare" impulse engines makes sense.

Then again, this is SFB I'm talking about, so ... :D
    Just cause they are red does not mean impulse, reason I am using separate materials ATM on these parts. Should dictate impulse is the orange red.
    Working in some of the detail work on the neck back. Not happy with the TNGish look to it so I am breaking it up some with trenches and likely going to pull panels in places to create greeb pits. and as I look at pre TNG stuff most of the parts are very large unified lumps of stuff. I had considered making this upper neck area just a mangle of crap and pipes as this area will not have any sort of habitable bits in it, but I am thinking the central bit of hull might get broken up more ATM it is all subD. Only the central flare will contain livable decks. Along that area will be crew berths. IE little slots in the wall to sleep in flanked by halls. I might have a second deck with passage as well so that spacing a deck wont isolate the neck to the aft sections.

cruiser-143.jpg?w=600

cruiser-144.jpg?w=600

I also have to deal with how the AO shaders are bugging out on some of the optimizations. I am wondering if I am not getting some poly face twist as the neck flares out.

Kinda funny the scale when you stick a 214m ktinga in there.

cruiser-145.jpg?w=600

cruiser-146.jpg?w=600
    Wow, nice relation!
  • medjaimedjai9 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome and modeled to perfection as always, and a very beautiful Klingon ship:thumb:
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    MadKoi, what type of rendering system are you using?
    LockeFP wrote: »
    MadKoi, what type of rendering system are you using?

Ah I remember someone asking forgot which thread FFF

I am using Mental Ray in 3dsmax 2013 I forget what version it is supposed to be. I am also using a add on render tool RENDER OPTIMIZER which allows me access to settings normally you have to script or do other crap that I dislike. (YES I hate code) I mostly use it for the irradiance settings (alters bounced light) It really only adds a little to the render but eh. All of the odd dirt look is just use of the AO shader in mental ray used in ways it really was not made for I guess. It is a bit of a obsolete shader as they really want you to use the AO shader inside the arch design materials. Also using arch design materials too. Scene is 2 MR omnis and a skylight set to a really low setting 0.02 or something.
    Working the bottom and the forward bits of the sternum like bulkhead. I think I had a mess of other things done too that I never bothered posting too.

cruiser-147.jpg?w=600

cruiser-156.jpg?w=600

cruiser-157.jpg?w=600
    New outboard struts.
    cruiser-158.jpg?w=600

cruiser-159.jpg?w=600

cruiser-160.jpg?w=600
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Definitely has "menacing" written all over it.
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Awesome. Too bad the the Klingons in TNG didn't have this, instead of the Vorcha.

-Ricky
    Added a poop shute, mess of gubbins merged up a mess of crap adjusted some bits and fooled with the textures making the thing take forever to render so I will have to go in and adjust stuff to correct that likely will have to ditch the AO shaders at this point. Ignore obvious uvw vomit or puke caused my mirroring of objects.

cruiser-165.jpg?w=600

cruiser-166.jpg?w=600

cruiser-167.jpg?w=600
    Lovely work.
    Adding more clutter and goofing with lights
    cruiser-170.jpg?w=600
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Such lovely attention to detail! Very nice work! :)
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    This Klingon hammerhead is bad-ass, I bet it would make a great printed model!
    Not likely to happen as I see how some of these services respect 3d work (lack there of) and my getting a printer is not in the future atm. I have things more important like eugh car and a cintiq that would do more to keep me alive than a printer atm. I am checking in on a local library thing but I think a model like this would need a BUTTLOAD of work on it to ready it to print out. Really liking some of the resin bath printers that have been showing up but the element size and the idea of dealing with liquids and storage of such as NONE of my resin experience in the past were anything but sticky, stinky, and messy. (casting molds making appliances foamed latex resin fiber casts all of that crap, a bloody mess.) I cannot even tak airbrushing enamels anymore before it is a wheezing coughing nightmare for a week after. I did have interest in making kits of my stuff at one point but that looks to have fallen out.

Thanks tobian, I gotta watch out though or those details will suck me into the pit and I will forget about the rest of the ship! lol.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Or you may forget to do any modelling for a few months as you get burned out :)
    Ah yeah that's when I go paint, game, sort crap on hdds, or worst spend time reading manga or books. Book have always been evil in my household get reading and nothing else matters. Actually having the TOS connie to fall back onto has been nice as it is a completely different modeling experience as I spend more time researching crap than I do building.
    many misc changes all over.

cruiser-174.jpg?w=600

cruiser-175.jpg?w=600

cruiser-177.jpg?w=600

cruiser-178.jpg?w=600
    Man that is an impressive beast.
  • YggYgg0 Posts: 0Member
    getting better and better, best klingon design ever :thumb:
    More collapsing of subdiv objects for detailing passes and or optimization. Been kinda slow going, dunno why. heh. Resisted the urge to do the bluegreen plasma in those vents. I am still debating how I will detail up those nacelle struts or if I will keep them a simple object.
    cruiser-180.jpg?w=600

cruiser-181.jpg?w=600

adding vs bumping the thread

Figured I should show a better close up of the bits. Not that happy with the forward hole so I might mess about with this bits later on.

cruiser-182.jpg?w=600
    Some more details panels and all that.

cruiser-188.jpg?w=600

cruiser-189.jpg?w=600
    Not a real huge update mostly small this and that and some bits I forget to position to show what was done. I decided I should get back to the Enterprise as I have been chickening out on working on it. I also forgot to turn the AO layer back on in the composite. It does show off the modeling a bit better. Plan is to replace it with bitmaps later on to save render time. THAT will be a nightmare to do on this model. Likely will merge up a bunch of the objects and uvw them all as a large part. I probably should look at doing a new paint over to plan things out some more

cruiser-190.jpg?w=600

cruiser-191.jpg?w=600

cruiser-192.jpg?w=600

cruiser-193.jpg?w=600