Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Alien: Isolation Gameplay

Chris2005Chris2005336 Posts: 2,815Member
edited January 2015 in General Discussion #1
I hope this alright, as it's science fiction, but not necessarily digital art, so to speak.

Another favorite franchise of mine, is the Alien/Aliens franchise. :) The design of the aliens (Xenomorphs) are very cool. They also in a way share a similar feature as moray eels. Moray eels have a pharyngeal or inner jaw that extends out very quickly when snatching prey.

Anyway, as I was saying, the design of the Xenomorphs is fascinating. They have a somewhat different body structure than most TV/movie aliens, though they still had an overall bipedal stance. The properties of their blood being extremely corrosive was also fascinating. That being said, you can imagine, I was absolutely ecstatic when my friend Troy got me this game for Christmas. :D

Have you played this game? What did you think of it? Pros and cons? Etc.

Here is the first video I made.

Instead of embedding them all, here are the subsequent videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhPXa_u16mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC287GthNRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sSBRrN2xQw

I'm gonna keep posting gameplay videos on my channel, but if people want to follow along too, I'll post them to this thread as well. :)
107693.png
Post edited by Chris2005 on
Tagged:

• Chris2005Chris2005336 Posts: 2,815Member

More game! :D
  • Knight26Knight26186 Posts: 830Member
    It's a fun survival horror/puzzler, not much replay value, will see once I actually beat the man campaign and then do the Alien DLCs. I wouldn't mind a sequel that was more Aliensish in feel.
    Latest video:
    Knight26 wrote: »
    It's a fun survival horror/puzzler, not much replay value, will see once I actually beat the man campaign and then do the Alien DLCs. I wouldn't mind a sequel that was more Aliensish in feel.

Yea, I feel more threatened by the androids than the Aliens. I had no idea that the synthetics would become the primary object of sh*t-your-pants anxiety. The Alien becomes more like a cozy buddy that runs up and gives over-enthusiastic hugs once in a while. :lol:

:argh: My feelings exactly. :lol:

:lol:

Yea, it wasn't until editing the video that I realized that I need to write down the highlighted rooms on the little board, so I can go to those rooms, instead of going to each and every room and getting killed along the way, lol.

Must not be a lot of Alien(s) fans here... :confused:

I cut a lot of the repetitive parts out, to keep the video short, because these videos are gigabytes in size, the last video was like 5 GB in size.

Good news, I didn't die this time though. :3

I must've missed the EMP V1.0 blueprint... I hear it can be found again in another location or something.

P.S.
    People are welcome to discuss. :) Feels kinda lonely over here. :lol:

I tell you, they're working together. :lol: