Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUESPA Announces Launch of Earth's First Warp Ship

13»

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    the engines on the rear look great. as for the nacelles, are they retractable, the pylon looks designed to slide inward.
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    Actually I am planning on the pylons retracting. This would help counteract the seemingly weak pylon design when in heavy gravity environments. I've beefed up the pylons a bit, but I still might make them a bit bigger. I'd say the modeling is about 90-95% complete.

These pictures probably aren't post worthy because not much has changed, but I really liked the nacelle design. I tried to stay true to the original model while also bridging the nacelle design of the Phoenix and the Friendship 1 probe.

Here is the nacelle off:

ssvaliant31_zps9977af14.jpg

Here is the nacelle on:

ssvaliant30_zpsd24756d4.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    I'm really liking the looks of it so far. :)

I can't remember if it was with you or somebody else, but I recall a discussion from a long time ago about how the pylon design looks like it's intended to retract.
    I know I've discussed the design before. Perhaps it was with you. I tried making this model before in Truespace but that was years ago. Haha.

Even though main ship modeling is not 100% finished I've started texturing the nacelle.

ssvaliant32_zpsd1df84a0.jpg
    The nacelle is looking great. I like the material for the glass.
    uniderth wrote: »
    I know I've discussed the design before. Perhaps it was with you. I tried making this model before in Truespace but that was years ago. Haha.

Yeah, that's probably what I was thinking of. I knew somebody was making this model years ago and I was thinking it was you, but my memory's not so good.
    Trying to come up with a more battered look for a scene with the Valiant getting swept into the great barrier.

ssvaliant34_zps64951d74.jpg

ssvaliant33_zpsabe7fe39.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the texture job on those nacelles and engines, also liking the look of the glass when the warp engines are switched off.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work there. :)
    Looking great. The engine part that's been textured definitely looks battered. :)
    I haven't been able to get much work done on her. School and work are keeping me plenty busy.

ssvaliant35jpg_zpsf91f159b.jpg

I have an "overheated engine" texture on the engines right now. I want to use this for when the ship is trying to escape the magnetic storm.