Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScifi Truck

BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
edited August 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Cookie for the first one to figure out where this comes from ;)

[EDIT] Yes, this is the truck from Akira. Openingpost now has shiny thumbnail!
106762.png
Post edited by BorgMan on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmm. CRC... the Columbia River Conservancy?
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Nope, bummer ;) It's from a Japanese anime!
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    looks pretty solid to me. Does the cab have one axle? What anime is it from?
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    jay-mo wrote: »
    What anime is it from?

The best one;)

It's a sinister, government agency truck from one of my all time favourite movies (depending on the particular dub).... I recognised it from the thumbnail, but i won't spoil the fun... Seriously no one else knows what its from?

I'll give another clue - the movie is better known for a particularly iconic motorbike design...
    Coolhand gets the cookie :thumb: Tried to find additional images on the 'web but I had to rely on screenshots I made myself. No spoiling here just yet, guess away guys 'n gals :D

Any idea what CRC actually stands for, Coolhand?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    I like the truck so far, but I don't watch anime, so I won't even try to guess.
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Coolhand wrote: »
    The best one;)

It's a sinister, government agency truck from one of my all time favourite movies (depending on the particular dub).... I recognised it from the thumbnail, but i won't spoil the fun... Seriously no one else knows what its from?

I'll give another clue - the movie is better known for a particularly iconic motorbike design...

Without googling it, the only anime I remember that had a cool bike was G-Force, but that was a series. The bike from Akira is very iconic.
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    Oooh, Jay-mo is boiling hot but non-committal...
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Coolhand gets the cookie :thumb: Tried to find additional images on the 'web but I had to rely on screenshots I made myself. No spoiling here just yet, guess away guys 'n gals :D

Any idea what CRC actually stands for, Coolhand?

Coolhand is Really Cool?

It looks very accurate to the animation btw, good work so far!
  • MaxxRushMaxxRush180 Posts: 168Member
    Kaneda!!!!!!

Tetsuo!!!!!!
    Ghehehehe, yeah, it's from Akira. Just had another, painstakingly slow-mo review of the abduction scene. Turns out that the cab's wheels are actually able to steer as well. It looks weird, though, so I'll probalby skip that part. Almost done with it, I'll have some renders for you guys tomorrow!

By the by, did anyone notice that Kaneda loses a tooth thanks to that Evil Bodyguard throwing him away? I only noticed during slow-mo :shiner:
    As promised, here are the renders. The whole idea of this truck was for me to flex my muscles a bit and to upload another model to SketchUp's 3DWarehouse. As such, you can now find it there by following the link in my sig. Enjoy kidnapping your psychic kids with this robust vehicle :D
    106760.jpg106761.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    Nice work on the truck. :thumb: