Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwars - Jawa Sandcrawler

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Hi,

A new WIP, I have finished modelling the treads (albeit some finer detailing and tidy ups).

Bodywork next :)

Wiz.
106057.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    A closer shot :)
    106059.jpg
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Ooh! Looking good! Can't wait to see this one finished
    Thanks ryo80, hopefully I will do it justice :)
  • wibblewibble1148 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    Bodywork next :)

Why? Looks ready to me.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    "I've come to bury R4, not to praise him"
    Poor guy. Shouldn't have stood under the box :p
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    great start! looks very good
    Haha, thanks guys! :)
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work. I loved the details.
    Thanks mate :)

Whilst you wait for the match to start, why not check out further WIP below on my Sandcrawler Main shape for the body done, now onto all the detailing ... (yikes).
    106075.jpg
    very nice. getting in shape. awesome!
    Thanks buddy, its an awkward bloody shape to figure out.... but first step done! :)
    *sigh* I can't find R4's charred and burnt body in that last picture. Otherwise looking great!
    :lol:; Sorry will ensure to include him in future renders (although may make it interesting by hiding him ;)).
    A little update :)
    106407.jpg
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice patina effect there. It's effective because it's patchy and irregular.
    great build! awesome!!!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Ah, the rolling dumpster. Crossing the desserts of Tattooine, preaching to everybody the benefits of recycling. (AKA, trying to sell used crap)

It's looking great so far, dude. Though, we expect no less from you. No pressure. :devil:

Anybody else remember a Super Nintendo game from 1992 called Super Star Wars? It's a side-scrolling run and gun game. Man, I love that game, (I still have an SNES and a copy of that game) but the level where you had to jump up the side of the Jawa Sandcrawler using a series of moving and stationary platforms is a pain in the butt. One little fall usually means you have to start over. So, thanks for bringing back the fond memories, Wiz. :lol:
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    I remember that game!! My brother had it.

Great looking model. Really liking the rustic look.
  • raytridiraytridi0 Posts: 0Member
    I loved nice texturing, good job.
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    I love the weekend, all the non Star Trek stuff comes out. This is looking great!
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Thanks guys, and Super Starwars was a great game, tough as hell though. May have to relive some memories of that on youtube :)

For the first piece of work I am doing with the sandcrawler I only need the lower areas as the camera will be close in (like the actual set in the film); after which I will go on to complete the rest of the crawler :)
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking really great. Can't wait to see this with all your astromechs together. Been really enjoying your corridor thread.
    Thanks Jay-mo, and unfortunately may be a while before I can post a final image with all my droids, as this work is for a Star Wars related group who have asked that I keep the final image exclusive to them for what they have planned. But in the meantime will post what I can, which may include updates to the Deathstar corridor madness in the other thread ;)
    Wiz wrote: »
    Thanks Jay-mo, and unfortunately may be a while before I can post a final image with all my droids, as this work is for a Star Wars related group who have asked that I keep the final image exclusive to them for what they have planned. But in the meantime will post what I can, which may include updates to the Deathstar corridor madness in the other thread ;)
    "Surrender or the flowerpot gets it!" "Beep-bloop [Screw R4. Who needs him anyway?]"