Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpiral War WIP Thread

124»

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool design, i think it looks better with the higher engine than the lower one. preferring the folding up and down to the rotating parts method of changing engine positions. the engine pods and fuselage are nicely shaped.
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Sorryt guys, broke this design out into its own thread please comment there, will also start trimming my attachments, leaving only the first pic and the final.
  • SebastianPSebastianP171 Posts: 0Member
    Tip: Use photobucket or someplace similar to upload all the images except the one for the thread thumbnail, and save them as PNG to make sure they don't get resampled. That preserves the thread so people can look back and see how the designs evolved. That's how I've been doing it for years, and I've never run out of bandwidth on my free account...
    [video=youtube_share;asWqwIub1pU]
    First video I've shot on the new computer, yes still in autocad. I want to make some more complicated videos but am having trouble figuring out how.
    i don't think you've done any animation before, good to see some. the lighting in your turntable has come out ok and one can see the different spec values of the various materials, what's more it looks like you've done some texturing. only 1 real criticism which is the video really brings out how angular your designs are, you might benefit from making parts of the ship more smoothed and curved, if this is possible in autocad. for more complex animations you may have to export your models(i assume autocad can export to a few formats) and put them into something else, blender is free so it might be your best bet for that.
    I actually like them angular, the problem with making them rounder is cutting in the panels and such. I may look into that for the future. But for now, I like the way they look. Thanks for the compliment though.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Yea the angular look looks good rounding them would look lame
    I've always felt that the more angular look portrayed that these are no nonsense craft.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Knight26 wrote: »
    I've always felt that the more angular look portrayed that these are no nonsense craft.

I agree. That thing looks mean.
    Here are a couple more to enjoy:
    The Feral-F Heavy Bomber
    [video=youtube_share;H7wKER-vm-U]
    The Splicer 5000 Firehawk Space Superiority Fighter
    [video=youtube_share;XyVi80PO3M0]
    (sorry about the background is so dark, will redo later)
    And of course an enemy fighter, the GF Corvus Space Superiority Fighter
    [video=youtube_share;jV1efpGdF2A]
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Dig the bomber and enemy fighter
    nice to see the splicer 5000 firehawk in an animation, really shows of it's cool design.
    Here are a few more I just animated:
    GF TigerCat Light Fighter, this one needs its textures redone, they were corrupted during the computer move.
    [video=youtube_share;K25dhcJwdQg]
    GF Solaar Mk1 Anti-Bomber Interceptor. These relatively cheap craft are sent out in large numbers to intercept incoming bombers and torpedoes.
    [video=youtube_share;Re3T4Cv7rQ0]
    UCSB Splicer 2000 Cutter High Speed Fighter Interceptor.
    [video=youtube_share;fAhpsW8LcHI]
    UCSB Splicer 3000 Marker Strike Bomber, standard configuration.
    [video=youtube_share;qwb-zkhHNT0]
    UCSB Splicer 3000 Marker Strike Bomber, support gunship configuration.
    [video=youtube_share;Wz1-h1nNWdA]
    cockpit of the tigercat looks a bit like the one on the joint strike fighter, is that deliberate? they've all come out rather nicely, especially the marker. the cutter however has an issue with it's animation, it seems as if it were freezing all the time (is it a really huge model) and it lacked a clear direction of lighting.