Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= NCC - 1701G USS Enterprise =-

2»

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9921 Posts: 5,337Member
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • lennier1lennier1918 Posts: 1,286Member
    Can't help it, but that area always reminds me of something else.
    Remember the "Shinigami" scene in Yukikaze, with the retractable sensor blade?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like the cut-in. :)
  • A very interesting design.
    I think it will be a very good mesh in the end, but I guess it will be not my fav design when itA’s ready. Aside from that I extremly like the details of the deflector and how the front of the secondary hull looks like. Very good start.
    Session 25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JMYXvr-Se8

Yukikaze, heh never watched it past the first OAV 6mo or more was just too long to wait for 20min of video that and uh I think it was well over 10years now that I last watched it.
    ^^
    The Super Sylph, which is the more primitive jet used during the earlier parts of the OVA, had a pod with a retractable panel beneath its aft body which served as sort of a flat AWACS radar panel to collect intel on the battlefield:
    http://gwing-online.com/images/categories/yukikaze/yukikaze_sylph_1.jpg
    http://www.hobbygen.com/images/alt-yukikaze_05.JPG (model page)
    http://www.gearsonline.net/series/yukikaze/super-sylph/sup-sylph-20.gif
    Session 26 - Saucer foolery and stupidity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0IuDzXq4Uo
    Session 27 - Saucer crap again and lots of rounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klztuvl8sP0

5OBLczYl.jpg

swf6HVOl.jpg

db4dATal.jpg

8Ut4LIFl.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    A very nice looking model. Love the main deflector area, not so sure about the saucer deflector, though. It doesn't quite feel right compared to the rest of the ship.
    Not sure about the middle part of that saucer superstructure.
    With the rest of the ship being so organic and unusual, such a long rectangular slab of metal feels kinda out of place.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Madkoifish,

With such a radical design shift I have to ask:
    Why the cliche red/blue warp nacelles? This design seems to put it beyond the 24th century. I have to be critical here we have to consider as fans when fail to think outside the box.

Consider This:
    Star Trek has been with the Antimatter design for 300 years. If you look to Enterprise J that's 600 years of the same power Tech. Trek has established numerous more advanced power than the MA/R. For example the Omega Particle, Negative Energy (interesting Trek came up with that far before we knew it existed.) And perhaps more scientifically Vacuum Energy.

Essentially I know this is a artistic expression but reality drives art and vice versa.
    I'm saying. Voyager is home and has brought with it technology that far exceeds the Trek Standard Model. Effectively there is no need for saucers anymore with the slipstream perfected and warp nacelles no longer has to large an clunky because they aren't primary drive. They're more like emergency systems now Warp Core are stable now, No minor collisions or luck shot to set off a hull breech. With deployable armor and matter synthesizing on that scale no critical sections can be repaired at will! So the skies the limit!

All in all I like what is done for a warp vessel. The centralizing of the deflector design is dynamic.
    I'm hoping there is no cliche bridge on the outer hull.
    Session 28 - More saucer crap
    Fooling with the bridge super and messing with the spine stuff.
    WNwjg09l.jpg
    Some thoughts on the saucer insets.
    yxYgwfSl.jpg
    This view the super is too tall so I have to lower it and adjust all the other bits.
    WLZeqg9l.jpg
    View of the bridge super. none of which is rounded just blocked in. Idea is to go with a defiant/nova style bridge structure. But who knows I might just dump all of this for something else.

YT vid should be up in a bit I only did 2X speed on it to see if it makes it easier for people to follow what is going on.

this video cut because of youturd issues, I wont reupload it after the 4th try and 3gigs of upload wasted.
    Speaking of ideas, here are two traditional details that just came to mind:
    2rhmbtx.jpg
    k4dpuu.jpg
    Idea for those areas as a lift for runabout sized ships. But I might just make it a cluster of large windows.

Session 29
    Rounding crap. Heh most of these are stopped by max eating up all my ram and lagging the hell out of everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO4jYeLi4tE
    I was thinking more along the lines of doors to take on cargo that's too large to be transported via shuttle (backup warp coils, salvaged parts, construction materials, ...), but a shuttle bay and a cargo bay is basically the same thing in Trek from a technical standpoint.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Session 28 - More saucer crap
    Fooling with the bridge super and messing with the spine stuff.
    WNwjg09l.jpg
    Some thoughts on the saucer insets.
    yxYgwfSl.jpg
    This view the super is too tall so I have to lower it and adjust all the other bits.
    WLZeqg9l.jpg
    View of the bridge super. none of which is rounded just blocked in. Idea is to go with a defiant/nova style bridge structure. But who knows I might just dump all of this for something else.

YT vid should be up in a bit I only did 2X speed on it to see if it makes it easier for people to follow what is going on.

Although the bussard tips in Gold/Black is far more interesting my eye is still drawn to unnecessary detail and structure like the ridges behind the saucer deflector.

The superstructure is too tall as to spoil the warpfield in above the ship.
    Figure out first what you want that superstructure to do. Is it flight operations and for what situation? What kind of rapid acess may it require, how many auxilary craft, etc. Exteneded superstructures are good to keep volatile contained materails away from the ships vitals. Like the Galaxy Class places the main shuttle bay on top of the Saucer vs the Sovereign which places it as the shuttlebay in the interior of the aft saucer. Te latter isn't the best structura practice because of the bracing needed for the massive empty expanse to be rigid.

There are number of different hardpoints a Trek Design Needs IF based in the 24th century
    -Short Range Sensors (lateral arrays & palettes and ventral sensor clusters)
    -Thruster quads
    --Umbilical Hatches (Warp Core hatch
    (Antimatter ejection hatches: Which no ship has ever shown)
    -Cargo Hatch (Clam door shield w/ rectangular Hull Penetration)
    -Large Freight hatches ( This how large items like Fusion modules and industrial Replicators get to locations in large ships like Galaxy)
    -Transporter Emitters
    -Tractor beam emitters (and mooring beams)
    -Lifeboat decks (frequently over looked until the end)
    -Warp field enhancers (Voyager)
    -Phaser arrays
    -Heat radiators (as seen on Excelsior)
    (If there is docking there needs to be a physical stop (something I missed on my ship) to prevent the saucer from over shooting
    -Landing Gear (if capable one or both sections)
    -Impulse Engines (need to be placed at the center of ship's axis of forward movement.
    -Vents for Drive Plasma (not necessary but a good idea)

-
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1924 CaliforniaPosts: 2,081Member
    Looks very promising! Have always loved your work.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Loving the design so far, so full of original ideas!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I think I am going to have to stop with all the embedded videos here as it seems to be breaking something here at SFM unless it is something else but pages take forever to load, and stuff like the quick reply wont show up for a long ass time or not at all. It is ONE of the reason I have not posted updates. I have not had to time ti let it sit and load to make the post. So I think what will happen is I am going to go in and edit out the embedded vids and then give everyone a link to the playlist or embed the playlist if SFM supports iframe (which I doubt as I think it was disabled due to spam abuse)

I HOPE it is not my images doing this. Though it could be as I think the L code I use still places a sample image that is a bit large for the forum BUT it is only this forum that is having all the issues. THEN AGAIN it could just be this forum and my client freaking out fffff It does cause flash to increase ram usage by a gig when I load this page. Anyhow It makes me wonder what the loads are like for others. EXP those on slow internets.

Dumping random images then I am going to go in and edit stuff.

b52vkBEl.jpg
    is94X2kl.jpg
    fnwYRrJl.jpg
    3ZiZh1Gl.jpg
    MR9XIFYl.jpg

lol this post finally bumped it to page 2 (least for me)FFF anyhow taking out the embedded vids helped tonnes. In the future I will just link them which means everywhere else is getting links to as I am doing enough code as is to do it separately for each forum as none of them use any sort of standard.
    Session 34
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92z2fQ7ySTk

Messing with that spoon thing AGAIN. A mix of 3d modeling and mucking about in SAI. Tried to do a title header but premier does not play well when YOU want to do something specific and not inline with the defaults. Such as outputting a 1920X1200 file and use of alternative codecs. sigh. So it is a simple still frame. Someday I will find a proper editor for things that is not adobe infection levels.

Stills
    cy1S5oDm.jpg - waiX03am.jpg - C02IMJlm.jpg
    Interesting improvements.

Did you scratch that idea halfway through the session again or are you still planning to put a sensor trench around that mid section, with a torpedo launcher at the center line?
    There is a certain Liberator quality to the design.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Interesting improvements.

Did you scratch that idea halfway through the session again or are you still planning to put a sensor trench around that mid section, with a torpedo launcher at the center line?
    Nah that was some pointy teeth and eyeballs! Nah, it really is just scribbles in it.

I do plan at least 4 pair (or points? might not be paired) one forward lower forward upper aft ward upper and lower as well.

UGH it would help to post the stupid video links I was planning to in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUWdsJlipY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlqfdGjMvsM

did a lot of testing the other day and it was the videos adding to SFM slowdown. It improved a lot but it still is a bit slow so I am assuming there is some load causing this on the server. But I did find it was only SFM doing this. So I dunno for now videos will be links here and Ill update them if I have something else to add. Other than that look for updates on youturd.

These vids are mostly messing about. I do not think much of the parts are anywhere near final. EXP that observation "tower" and those exhaust things in the ears. Those were for warp drives for the saucer but now that I sorta scrapped saucer separation they are like useless appendages now. Likely I might alter them to be use for the transwarp FTL stuff. May e some field shapers or something like that. Though really that is what the upper deflector is sort of there for. oh well.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I actually think that the secondary deflector gives a nice break, and indeed shoves aside the problems I had with that recessed superstructure. Very nice :)
    5XXHJWil.jpg

Session 37

The auxiliary deflector is MUCH improved as a component (Voyager like over the DJ Curtis's Dual Deflector style especially because of the potential "Triangular Theme on the design")

Balance & Aesthetics

I've noticed in great designs that there are visual themes that carry from one part of the ship to another. 15 years ago when I created Enigma I mimicked Excelsior's Heat-sink like theme. The neck and nacelles were vented and black. Enterprise Refit did something similar using the black venting on the nacelles to carry the eye from the pylons to the back of the neck and just a touch in the lower dome lighting. It was an easy way of contrasting the ships gleaming hull. The modularity of the TMP designs was also a theme. (Galaxy & Intrepid use parabolic curves like aerodynamic lifting bodies of fighters and lifepods and shield grids to achieve a consistent theme)

Aesthetically that's what this Enterprise Needs. I'm speaking about an unfinished project but my eye immediately goes to the area of the Neck and saucer from the bottom. These areas (both back and front) are abrupt transitions. Who knows what you have planned but this is where the design breaks it's fluid form and it gives the impression of frailty when most of the design lends more to elegant strength. It's going back to the "TALL SHIP AND A STAR TO STEER BY" design in a more bold way with out the perception that the ships members will snap during maneuvers.

Perhaps this section could use a Galaxy like Cobra Hood Neck to MATCH the massive taper from the Pylons to by tapering the transition from the neck to saucer section. You could also add Large components to this area to fill it in stead of drastically altering the hull for a taper. The section where the red vents is very unique to your ship repeat it.(Itwould add some much needed features to the face of the ventral saucer). Perhaps make that into a component that can be slung under the saucer and that same cut out could jut out the back on either side of the neck. These could be impulse engines for the saucer section (if separable) or preform another function like Slipstream or transwarp etc.

The replication or repeating of a unique theme I think will help unify the design.
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    I'm not really digging that forward bridge.

I rather like it--it has that Planet of the Titans look to it...

The tail of the saucer is even better. Layered, while still pretty flat.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    I rather like it--it has that Planet of the Titans look to it...

The tail of the saucer is even better. Layered, while still pretty flat.
    I'm liking it the way it is right now a lot more, mind you ;)

How's she coming along, MKF? Or have other projects taken priority?