Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Onimaru Interiors

lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
edited September 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey everyone, I don't often post here (usually lurk around at trekbbs) but I thought I'd throw these up. After seeing madkoifish's USS Onimaru, I was pretty much floored, and wondered what the inside would look like. In to sketchup I went These represent a days work, modeled in sketchup and rendered with Vray. I was going for a 'half way between Ent D and E' look. I may yet toy with some other colour schemes, but here's what I have so far...

22.jpg

3b.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Comments/criticism most welcome...

lewis
102848.jpg
102849.jpg
102850.jpg
102851.jpg
Post edited by lewisniven on
22.jpg 80.8K
4.jpg 218.6K
7.jpg 247.4K
paulbhartzog
Tagged:

• lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
    A Brighter render...

8.jpg
    102852.jpg
    8.jpg 263.5K
    paulbhartzog
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Seeing stuff like this and some of the other great work being done in Sketchup makes me think I should have taken a better look at that program when I was switching applications.

This is fantastic. I love the blend of TNG and First Contact. Not only is it modeled well, but the lighting is great too. :)
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    it all depends on what outsourced renderer you use with it
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Damn close to what I had imagined the corridors would look. Lemme know if you need any refs for the LP built in rooms that are in the ship itself. I think F3d sould have archived images. Yeah, last few pages http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7565
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Cool, I may do some quarters or something so the windows shapes etc should help out. here's a different colour scheme...

9.jpg
    102866.jpg
    9.jpg 317.2K
    paulbhartzog
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful work...especially from Sketchup. :thumb:
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Damn close to what I had imagined the corridors would look. Lemme know if you need any refs for the LP built in rooms that are in the ship itself. I think F3d sould have archived images. Yeah, last few pages http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7565

What are the dimensions of the windows you're using btw?
  • RekkertRekkert4080 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    Very nice, I love the color scheme with those blue doors!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Uh I think they were like 2X4' Last time I worked on this was this time last year to crank out the upper surfaces for SOTL.
    Lemme load the nightmare up and see if I have some cutters floating in a crap layer.
    Ok,
    Basic ones roughly 1.5mX0.7m - 5X2.3'
    Horz basic (e decks f decks) same as above, well anything above the superstructure of the ship.
    Windows on the saucer and secondary hull = 2mX0.6m 6.5'X2.2'
    Lower secondary would have these larger ones as well if they were cut into the hull. This discounts any specialized windows.

These are taken from the inside jambs.

Also you had the officers deck doors correct. The blues are for non officer related locations. I had toyed with themeing by deck and section. Wood, black, and red play heavily as accents with lots of light.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Did you say sketchup?!
    I did. ;)
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    What kind of settings do you use for your lighting, Lewis? I'm curious as to whether these can be applied in Kerkythea as well...
  • seanrseanr1142 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    This is very good but definitely too dark (even in the brighter render). The design is nearly perfect. Certainly befitting one of the best fan-made starship designs I've ever seen. ;-)

BTW, I'd love to see a bridge for that ship. (hint, hint)